i go over my sugar macro because of fruit

Options
hi guys

Just wondered do you worry about your sugar macro going over because off fruit? i seem to always go over and when i look over my diary fruit is the main reason

Replies

• recover_healthy_fit
    Options
    hi guys

Just wondered do you worry about your sugar macro going over because off fruit? i seem to always go over and when i look over my diary fruit is the main reason

I don't worry if most of my sugar is from fruit.
  • JenBot
    JenBot Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens to me. I don't worry about it because fruit is good for you.
  • mathteacher2010
    mathteacher2010 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My doctor has told me not to worry about it.
  • recover_healthy_fit
    Options
    Buuut, since I do consume added sugars, I keep track of it to make sure just how much of it was added.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    sugar isnt a macro - worth tracking. * to appeal to Jonny
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I used to go over my sugar goal because of ice cream.

I made the sugar goal 150 grams, and now I don't go over it as often.

Easy right?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    sugar isnt a macro

Um.

Yes, it is.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    sugar isnt a macro

Um.

Yes, it is.

A subset, of carbs. Not directly. You know what i meant anyway.

Protein, Carbs, Fat
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    well yes sugar from fruit is good but over doing it often is still not that good.
    To add fruits to your daily macros is fine! just try to eat more veggies.... But still have some fruits.

The best sugar you can have's from fruits.... it's processed very well but....it's still sugar. Too much won't help you lose and will be stored as fat at some point. (talking at the extreme here).
  • jonnythan
    Options
    sugar isnt a macro

Um.

Yes, it is.

Protein, Carbs, Fat

"Carbohydrate" is a category of macronutrients. Sugar, a type of carb, is itself a macronutrient. Albumin is a macronutrient. Linoleic is a macronutrient. Glucose is a macronutrient.

Sugar is not a *category* of macronutrient, but it is absolutely a macronutrient.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    sugar isnt a macro

Um.

Yes, it is.

Protein, Carbs, Fat

"Carbohydrate" is a category of macronutrients. Sugar, a type of carb, is itself a macronutrient. Albumin is a macronutrient. Linoleic is a macronutrient. Glucose is a macronutrient.

Sugar is not a *category* of macronutrient, but it is absolutely a macronutrient.

Touche. I'll rephrase with not a macronutrient worth tracking if that'll make you love me again ;)
  • jonnythan
    Options
    sugar isnt a macro

Um.

Yes, it is.

Protein, Carbs, Fat

Touche. I'll rephrase with not a macronutrient worth tracking if that'll make you love me again ;)

That was one night, and I told you it was a mistake.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    I can't help it, my parents never loved me so i latch on to anyone who tells me so :(
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    well yes sugar from fruit is good but over doing it often is still not that good.
    To add fruits to your daily macros is fine! just try to eat more veggies.... But still have some fruits.

The best sugar you can have's from fruits.... it's processed very well but....it's still sugar. Too much won't help you lose and will be stored as fat at some point. (talking at the extreme here).

While I agree that fruit is a good source of sugar because of all the other stuff fruit brings to the table along with the sugar. Fructose is arguably not a better sugar.
  • melzielkie
    melzielkie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    So, after reading all this.. Can I still have a smile cookie today without needing to feel guilty? Lol
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    OP track your Protein , Carbs, and Fats, and stay within your caloric intake and you will be just fine... I turned off my sugar tracker at 560 lbs. and never tracked a gram through 312 lbs. of weight loss. Best of Luck
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    So, after reading all this.. Can I still have a smile cookie today without needing to feel guilty? Lol

Definitely!!! Nothing wrong with Smile Cookies!! :happy:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Here's an additional thread that might help in relation to whether or not sugar is a problem. While it's a problem for lots of people, when it's an issue, it's a terribly important issue. When it's NOT an issue, it seems odd and doesn't appear to warrant all the fuss.

The thread below may help you to decide whether this is something to be concerned about or not.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/572481-natural-sugar-vs-refined-sugar?hl=sugar&page=2#posts-17066870
  • fatzant
    Options
    Thank you all, i will continue to monitor my main focus is always my Fat macro and over all Cals i just don't like see the numbers turn red lol :noway:
  • recover_healthy_fit
    Options
    So should I stop tracking my sugar intake?