Dairy Free Meal Replacement

Options
lilRicki
lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
So I've been having a hard time eating lunch lately...i'm going to try to move my snack time back to 9:00 instead of 10:00 but I was wondering if anyone had good ideas for a liquid lunch? dairy free please...i would love to have booste or something but unfortunetly my body hates dairy...would just a protein fruit smoothy work? I go to the gym right after work so i need the energy to get through it...

Thanx:bigsmile:

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to milk, so everything I eat or drink is dairy free. Almond milk smoothies are awesome - throw a banana and whatever other fruit you like in there!
  • thevetchling
    thevetchling Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Soup. Home made soup. If you whizz it, instead of it being chunky, when its in your stomach it stays there, if its too thin, the water just goes into your bloodstream and you feel hungry soon again.
    Use the stuff you like eating to make it and it'll be much better, and CHEAPER than anything you buy and it's seriously easy to do. Make enough to freeze too and then its less time again.
    The varieties are endless.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    i say almond milk to its also great for people with high cholesterol you can do powdered slim fast
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm also allergic to milk. I hear wonderful things in regards to hemp protein powder (albeit tastes earthy). I'm looking into ordering it for myself.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    spirutein?
    it's a rice-pea-soy protein powder. it also has spirlulina which is another source of protein and it has a bunch of vitamins and minerals.

there is also rice protein, hemp protein, and soy protein.
  • becomingsara
    Options
    Can't do dairy either, and I usually do a cup of almond milk, 2 tbs powdered chocolate pb (only 45 cals there) and a banana...yuuuuuuummy.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    oo good idea...the soy smoothies are easy to make, and i can toss some whey protein in there...but is that a good enough lunch?