Crystal Light and other water flavorings side effects?

Options
2»

Replies

• Cinnamonhuskies
    Cinnamonhuskies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    There is a new Crystal Light Pure that doesn't have aspartame in it. My husband uses it and he loves it!

That's the one I have and it bothers me. Must be more than the aspartame.
  • nwon87
    nwon87 Posts: 29
    Options
    I had the same issue. What I do for flavored water now is just use the juice from lemons, limes, oranges, or any other citric fruits. I like to have a little flavor in my water as well.

I had also tried MIO before, and although I had never had stomach pain, just knowing that it's calorie free makes me think it has to be a chemical nightmare.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I have been making the most tasty water, Lemon, mint leaves, and cucumbers. let it sit in the fridge over night. It is sooo good. and has been mentioned to be a natural detox, but it really is just so good. Give it a try!
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    http://www.theyummylife.com/Flavored_Water

lots of recipes and ideas for natural flavors
  • Pamm8577
    Pamm8577 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do!! because have you read the ingredients in them, its horrible, aspartame and yellow and other dyes... I didn't know this I knew my stomach kept hurting. The citric acid too will hurt your stomach. I am sad to find this out, I liked it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    CAPS FOR A REASON!!! I KNOW WHAT IT IS! I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS AND FIGURED OUT WHAT IT IS, IT IS AN INGREDIENT CALLED MALTODEXTRIN ! IT IS IN SOME FLAVORS OF CRYSTAL LIGHT BUT NOT ALL, IT IS IN SOME FLAVORS OF MIO BUT NOT ALL. IT IS IN SUGAR FREE JELLO, IT IS IN TONS AND TONS OF THINGS THAT ARE SUGAR FREE. IT IS THE FIRST INGREDIENT IN SPLENDA! IT IS EVERYWHERE!
    ok caps off.. It has taken me over a year to figure out that this is what it is that give me really bad pains. and I bloat like crazy. it is so bad. It is in things you dont even think it will be in ( hello cheddar cheese flavor nut thins, but not regular nut thins) you have to start reading all ingredients and avoid that. trust me, you will be happy. as far as the crystal light, it is in raspberry ice, but not raspberry lemonade ... :noway:

hope this helps everyone! I wish someone would have told me this and have saved me alot of investigating and lots of pain over the last year. :)

Thank you so much. I just checked and the flavors I've been drinking recently do have Maltodextrin. I'll try one without and see if that helps. I do get stomach issues from the craziest things sometimes. I'll have to check the ingredients more often.

I hope this does it for you ! anything that starts with MAL is bad,, there is another thing, MALIC something that they through in there as well. avoid it all, it may help your tummy. :)

Malic acid, used for it's sourness?

BTW awesome support for all these claims that maltodextrin is bad and anything that starts with MAL is bad. Mmmmm malted milkshakes
  • finity559
    finity559 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    CAPS FOR A REASON!!! I KNOW WHAT IT IS! I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS AND FIGURED OUT WHAT IT IS, IT IS AN INGREDIENT CALLED MALTODEXTRIN ! IT IS IN SOME FLAVORS OF CRYSTAL LIGHT BUT NOT ALL, IT IS IN SOME FLAVORS OF MIO BUT NOT ALL. IT IS IN SUGAR FREE JELLO, IT IS IN TONS AND TONS OF THINGS THAT ARE SUGAR FREE. IT IS THE FIRST INGREDIENT IN SPLENDA! IT IS EVERYWHERE!
    ok caps off.. It has taken me over a year to figure out that this is what it is that give me really bad pains. and I bloat like crazy. it is so bad. It is in things you dont even think it will be in ( hello cheddar cheese flavor nut thins, but not regular nut thins) you have to start reading all ingredients and avoid that. trust me, you will be happy. as far as the crystal light, it is in raspberry ice, but not raspberry lemonade ... :noway:

hope this helps everyone! I wish someone would have told me this and have saved me alot of investigating and lots of pain over the last year. :)

Thank you so much. I just checked and the flavors I've been drinking recently do have Maltodextrin. I'll try one without and see if that helps. I do get stomach issues from the craziest things sometimes. I'll have to check the ingredients more often.

I hope this does it for you ! anything that starts with MAL is bad,, there is another thing, MALIC something that they through in there as well. avoid it all, it may help your tummy. :)

In Spanish "Mal" means Bad.lol Thats funny.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    There is a new Crystal Light Pure that doesn't have aspartame in it. My husband uses it and he loves it!

yep