Something to drink other than water?

Options
I am trying to find healthy organic natural alternatives - other than water/to add to water. Any suggestions? I do add lemon slices for a gentle detox and flavor sometimes. They usually last a couple of days in room temperature water before turning weird.

So far, organic almond milk is the only thing I have in my fridge that works. I drink a lot of tea, too. Maybe I'll just start throwing tea packets in my reusable water bottle.....

I have been using Crystal Light Energy Go packets, but I do not like the ingredients and once I'm through my stock of them I'm not getting any more. I am just worried because they help keep me sane by mixing it up a little bit. Haha (pun) :p

They even put weird things in bottled water, so I mostly just filter tap water. I hope to get a reverse osmosis filter someday once I save up.

I just know some of you out there have some fabulous solutions, and I'm looking forward to hearing them! :)

Thanks!!

Replies

• phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I switch to fizzy water. Or I'll add a little lemonade or cranberry juice to the fizzy water. On truly desperate days I'll drink it out of a wine glass. But who am I kidding? On those days the wine glass typically contains wine.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find healthy organic natural alternatives - other than water/to add to water. Any suggestions? I do add lemon slices for a gentle detox and flavor sometimes. They usually last a couple of days in room temperature water before turning weird.

So far, organic almond milk is the only thing I have in my fridge that works. I drink a lot of tea, too. Maybe I'll just start throwing tea packets in my reusable water bottle.....

I have been using Crystal Light Energy Go packets, but I do not like the ingredients and once I'm through my stock of them I'm not getting any more. I am just worried because they help keep me sane by mixing it up a little bit. Haha (pun) :p

They even put weird things in bottled water, so I mostly just filter tap water. I hope to get a reverse osmosis filter someday once I save up.

I just know some of you out there have some fabulous solutions, and I'm looking forward to hearing them! :)

Thanks!!

Just make sure your organic water is also GMO free, or you could be asking for health troubles
  • mo_chuisle
    mo_chuisle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    LOVE the wine glass idea, and ya know.. tannins.. tannins are good :p
  • mo_chuisle
    Options
    Sometimes I switch to fizzy water. Or I'll add a little lemonade or cranberry juice to the fizzy water. On truly desperate days I'll drink it out of a wine glass. But who am I kidding? On those days the wine glass typically contains wine.

LOVE the wine glass idea, and ya know.. tannins.. tannins are good :p
  • sarah456s
    sarah456s Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    At weekends I often make a big pitcher of a mixed peppermint/rooibus/camomile herbal tea, and then I keep it in the fridge. And yes, I've been known to drink it in a wine glass. :)

Sometimes I'll get carbonated water, like San Pellegrino or Perrier.

Another option is to buy some essential oils and sprinkle a few drops in water. I like peppermint, or orange, and there's also a mixture I like called "Slim & Sassy" from Doterra oils - I don't think it actually helps with weight loss, but it's a nice taste.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Green Tea and Lemonade. As strong and as sweet as you like, and the health benefits are AWESOME! BOTH Super Alkalizing.
  • MsRadeke
    Options
    I recently gave up Diet Coke, a feat I equaled only by quitting smoking over a decade ago. I was desperate for drink alternatives. I am loving decaf green tea and herbal/fruit teas. I just buy mine at Walmart, so not sure they are organic, but they are sugar, artificial sweetner and caffeine free. I brew them hot and then just add some ice cubes to cool. Drink over ice. Get some of those fancy double walled cups/glasses as well so your drinks stay cold and your tables stay dry! When I'm craving bubbles I drink La Croix sparkling water. It comes in orange, lime, lemon, and raspberry flavors. It has surprised me how easy it is to stay off the artificial sweetner poisons once I get over the initial torture!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    WHISKEY
    YUM!
    WHISKEY!
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    BEER
  • mo_chuisle
    Options
    At weekends I often make a big pitcher of a mixed peppermint/rooibus/camomile herbal tea, and then I keep it in the fridge. And yes, I've been known to drink it in a wine glass. :)

Sometimes I'll get carbonated water, like San Pellegrino or Perrier.

Another option is to buy some essential oils and sprinkle a few drops in water. I like peppermint, or orange, and there's also a mixture I like called "Slim & Sassy" from Doterra oils - I don't think it actually helps with weight loss, but it's a nice taste.

Thank you! These are great ideas I will try :):)
  • mo_chuisle
    Options
    Green Tea and Lemonade. As strong and as sweet as you like, and the health benefits are AWESOME! BOTH Super Alkalizing.

Thanks!
  • mo_chuisle
    Options
    I recently gave up Diet Coke, a feat I equaled only by quitting smoking over a decade ago. I was desperate for drink alternatives. I am loving decaf green tea and herbal/fruit teas. I just buy mine at Walmart, so not sure they are organic, but they are sugar, artificial sweetner and caffeine free. I brew them hot and then just add some ice cubes to cool. Drink over ice. Get some of those fancy double walled cups/glasses as well so your drinks stay cold and your tables stay dry! When I'm craving bubbles I drink La Croix sparkling water. It comes in orange, lime, lemon, and raspberry flavors. It has surprised me how easy it is to stay off the artificial sweetner poisons once I get over the initial torture!!

I know, it's hard.. I really was never a fan of diet pop but I do miss a cold glass of Pepsi everyonce in a while. Even when I'm out to eat, I bring my water bottle. There is so much chemical/extra/sugar/etc. added... and you're right once you taste the real thing you don't want to go back! :)
  • mo_chuisle
    Options
    WHISKEY
    YUM!
    WHISKEY!

Haha! :p
  • mo_chuisle
    Options
    BEER

Although I love peer and pizza, and will everyonce in a while have some I want a daily alternative that won't give me a beer belly LOL
  • IndigoRey
    Options
    I take a big pitcher of water, add lemon slices and a couple of sprigs of fresh mint...leave it in the fridge overnight and drink it the next morning

it has a slight taste of mint and lemon..not overwhelming and tastes refreshing...apparently it may be good for cholesterol? dunno..
  • missleesha88
    Options
    club soda and mio
  • mo_chuisle
    Options
    I take a big pitcher of water, add lemon slices and a couple of sprigs of fresh mint...leave it in the fridge overnight and drink it the next morning

it has a slight taste of mint and lemon..not overwhelming and tastes refreshing...apparently it may be good for cholesterol? dunno..

Thank you for the suggestion :):)
  • mo_chuisle
    Options
    club soda and mio

What is in Mio? I tried to look up the ingredients but couldn't find it. Thanks for the tip!
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I love sweet tea (southerner here) - I drink a big mason jar of unsweetened ice tea with ice, and 10 drops 0-cal stevia. Yum! :)
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Also tea-related: kombucha. It's definitely not for everyone, most people don't like it, but I love it - good for you, probiotics, and low-calorie, especially the sharper it is..

Edited to add: This stuff is SO expensive at Whole Foods, but you can MAKE it for super cheap! It's just fermented sweet tea, the sugar gets eaten and it's lower cal than sweet tea. It's easier and safer to make than it sounds, you just have to make sure everything is clean (clean with vinegar), and let it sit for 1-2 weeks.