Stronger, Better, Faster Fitness Challenge, July 16

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
So, msnbc has an article entitled "Feeling hungry can make you happy" - Sometimes I feel like I'm the happiest person alive :wink:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25680029/

It is something we should remember though. Or at least I should. There's nothing wrong with being hungry. The point I need to remember is not to get too hungry - where I eat everything in the kitchen that is ready made. A lot of studies are coming out about how to live longer through calorie restriction. Interesting, yet I like food way too much. I also have a pet theory about needing a few pounds when you are older, so if you get sick, you have something to lose. My pet theory is not based on science. :tongue:

Yesterday I did the elliptical and walked. Today is weights and yoga. Time to get moving!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    Options
    So, msnbc has an article entitled "Feeling hungry can make you happy" - Sometimes I feel like I'm the happiest person alive :wink:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25680029/

It is something we should remember though. Or at least I should. There's nothing wrong with being hungry. The point I need to remember is not to get too hungry - where I eat everything in the kitchen that is ready made. A lot of studies are coming out about how to live longer through calorie restriction. Interesting, yet I like food way too much. I also have a pet theory about needing a few pounds when you are older, so if you get sick, you have something to lose. My pet theory is not based on science. :tongue:

Yesterday I did the elliptical and walked. Today is weights and yoga. Time to get moving!

Mary
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Good morning....today for me its going to be Firm dvd after work.

Have a great workout everybody.:happy: :happy: :drinker: :drinker:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    I really did not feel like working out today, but I did it almost first thing this morning. Glad it's over! lol
    I did Taebo full throttle for 45 minutes of it anyway. I'm still not feeling 100% so I am surprised I was able to do that much. I may go "swimming" this afternoon though I don't think I will burn many calories. I have some house work to do and it's about time for another grocery list to be made. I wish I didn't dread it so bad. I will probably rest this afternoon after swimming.
    I hope you all have a good day!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi to all!

Today is: yoga, water, vits. Also, I need to lay in some grocery supplies. I'm not shopping enough, and my normal snacks/meals haven't been in the house. Coupled with the laziness that summer brings, this has led to very bizarre eating (sample meal: bag of organic microwave popcorn and a few slices of cheddar cheese) I'm also stuck in a food rut, eating the same things over and over again. I may leave the neighborhood and go to an actual "supermarket" Yikes. . . this is one of the few times I miss having a car.

That was an interesting article, Mary. . .between food restriction and stress, I should be high as a cootie bird. . .:tongue: Still waiting for that to kick in.

Hope all is well with everyone. Take care of yourselves today!:flowerforyou:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Good Morning!

I just got back from an awesome walk! The sky is blue and the humidity hasn't set in yet....

I got an HRM yesterday, and I can already tell that it was worth the money. I walked 3.2 miles in about 48 minutes and burned 478 calories. The HRM really kept me focused on staying within my target heart rate.

Today's plan...
    -clean house
    -do laundry
    -eat healthy... however I'm finding it harder to eat all those exercise calories... but I will do it!
    -drink lots of water

Question... do any of you drink green tea? Do you think it helps to increase your metabolism?

Enjoy your day!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I just did Tae bo for 18mins. Maybe ride on my stationary bike for as long as I can... Hopefully past 10mins hahaha
  • luvlee884
    luvlee884 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    today is an eliptical day for me!!!
  • yoginimary
    Options
    I drink Green Tea. I don't know if it helps metabolism, but I like it. My favorite is Republic of Tea Pomegranate Green iced with a splash of pomegranate/cranberry juice.

V- my new favorite recipe is quinoa with dried fruit - put the dried fruit in while the quinoa is cooking - add a little lemon juice and olive oil when it's done. Refrigerated is best. I also put cucumbers in at the end to add bulk. The dried fruit I use is a mix of pineapple, mango, papaya, and crasins.
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    I did it!! I went 15mins on my stationary bike and kept my HR between 145-150 the entire time!! I could have went longer but I didn't hahaha Maybe next time I can make it to 20mins! I find it much easier to watch my HR and calories burned instead of keeping my eye on the time!! It goes by much faster that way!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Humph, still falling short of my 5mile/run goal for the week.:huh: I did 3miles run & 1 mile walk before I ran out of time and had to call it quits. Pretty sore from lifting yesterday too. Oh will, tomorrow is another day...
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Uh-oh. . .confession time. I got a migraine this afternoon and consequently didn't make yoga. I was out in the (bright, bright, bright) sun today without my hat, and it did me in.

Ah well . . .tomorrow is another day, and it's been three weeks without a day off from exercise, so I'll chalk it up to odds. . .:flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    tsk tsk tsk!! One day off!! you bad bad girl!! :tongue: 3 Weeks without REST!! Wow!! Your a powerhouse!!