coconut aminos or braggs liquid aminos ?

Options
I am trying out a low carb diet, and want to eat stir fried veggies every night!
Most of the stir fry sauces call for soy sauce - which I want to substitute with something healthier.
Tada - I found Braggs liquid aminos .. however, after researching some more I learned that sodium content in this is still quite high ... found another alternative - coconut aminos ..
Have any of you tried either ? which do you think is better ?
OR, is there some other soy sauce substitute thats even better for you ?
Thank you guys!!

Replies

• whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Coconut aminos. I personally wouldn't use liquid aminos because it is made out of soybeans, but Bragg's is a good company.
  • viperk1
    viperk1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When you're on low carb you want to have a higher sodium/potassium/magnesium intake because you -should- be drinking a lot of water to help with the increased fat and protein intake (I'm talking 16+ cups). Also, on low carb the kidneys are very liberal in releasing all that sodium/etc out your bladder.

Now don't go nuts and eat 25,000mg of sodium a day, but soy sauce or Bragg's aminos should easily be able to fit in your sodium budget (mine is 5000mg, but I'm usually between 2000 and 4000 and I should probably be higher)

Watch for signs of low sodium. I knew my sodium was low when started getting almost fainting spells when standing up suddenly. Increased my sodium intake and that went away in a jiffy.

Cheers!