Looking for some Quinoa recipes...

Options
2»

Replies

• Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    There's a TV programme in the UK called Masterchef, and I remember one contestant making a dessert which she served with toasted quinoa and the judges all went mad for it - can't remember exactly what is was she did - any Brits here remember?
  • dominiqueruns
    dominiqueruns Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    great recipe ideas! thanks!
  • dominiqueruns
    dominiqueruns Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    There's a TV programme in the UK called Masterchef, and I remember one contestant making a dessert which she served with toasted quinoa and the judges all went mad for it - can't remember exactly what is was she did - any Brits here remember?

Is it this one? http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/goats_cheese_semifreddo_10960
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sassyfrass9
    sassyfrass9 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I want to like this stuff, so I'll def give some of these a try.

One thing I'm wondering about, is does it really need to be rinsed? I don't have a mesh strainer. How important is it that it is rinsed. Maybe that's why I'm not a fan so far, I have not rinsed before cooking it.

yes.. I noticed the water was very dirty... so I rinsed it and it tasted much better. I don't have a mesh strainer, the quinoa stays at the bottom of the pan, when you pour the water out. but it would make it easier I guess.
  • jazzybean1
    Options
    look up glory bowls (whitewater restaurant in nelson) and substitute the brown rice for quinoa....amazing!!!!!
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    EVOO, basil, feta cheese. Saute your cooked quinoa in the EVOO, add the basil. I wait til it's just about done before I add the feta.
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    The best quinoa dish I've ever had, was for breakfast at the African restaurant Boma at Disney.

Obviously this recipe needs to be scaled down, and you can use light butter or splenda brown sugar

Yield: 20 servings

Ingredients:

½ quart Water
    1/3 pound Dried Quinoa
    1/3 pound Butter
    1/3 pound Brown Sugar

Method:

Heat water, add butter, sugar and dry quinoa. Cook until quinoa is tender. Serve hot.
  • thefewsteps
    thefewsteps Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Quinoa really is gross in my opinion but I like it with peanut butter or peanut flour... Or a lot of spaghetti sauce.