How my fiance' falling in love with my best friend was the b

Options
In March 2010.. I was a wopping 257 pound unhappy girl. I thought I knew where i was going with my life but it never felt complete I was engaged and had a beautiful step daughter what else can a girl ask for. I decided that because I was so unhappy I needed to go stay with my parents for awhile and reflect.. While I was having my reflecting time my fiance was cheating on me with my friend and then said he was in love with her and broke up with me! I was devestated I swear i did not move off the couch 4 days i just kept replaying the movie sex and the city 3 over and over again. Finally I swallowed my self pity got up made myself feel pretty and went and got a gym pass at goodlife and a personal trainer. I used all my anger I had towards him to work out the best I could i went 5 times and week and completly changed my eating habits. I realized the reason i was so unhappy was because I wasnt happy with myself so I decided to become the best person I could be and be selfish for once in my life. Him breaking up with me was the best thing that could of ever happened to me it gave me that push to really wanna be a better person ( and ofcourse throw it in his face when i saw him and he saw hot i was lol but thats besides the point). I finally am starting to feel good about myself im at 184 pounds and (still got a ways to go) and i figured out my career path I would like to become a personal trainer because I can truly relate to overweight people and I would love to make people fell the way I do now.. Ps... I saw my x the other day at the grocery store had to change my phone number cuz he wont leave me alone he wants me back (lol ya right!!!) the sweetest revenge ever! You all have it in you ... you just need that push just belive in yourself and be selfish! It sounds bad but how cant you love anyone if you dont love yourself....

Replies

• 81Kyra
    81Kyra Posts: 115
    Options
    That's awesome good for you! keep up the good work!
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Feels good hey! I'd have to say thats one of the best motivations! But the even better part about it, is that you did it for yourself! Way to go!
  • juday3
    juday3 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is amazing how something like that could change your life for the better. That is great motivation. Don't even give him the time of day! You deserve the best in life!!!
  • calthine
    calthine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What can I say besides YOU GO GIRL!!
  • Damage483
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, Shalala. Your strengh and determination are an encouragement to many people. Keep up the awesome work and know there are a lot of folks pulling for you. My best to you on your wonderful journey.
  • megaloox
    Options
    I am very proud of you! What your fiance did was terrible, but the fact that you turned it into something great is really inspiring. When I was in high school I was the chubby girl, and a certain guy took advantage of me to get with my best friend. When I came back in the fall of my junior year, having lost 30 some pounds, he was trying to get me to be with him and it was the best revenge EVER to blow him off. Good for you!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Sometimes one of the best satisfactions is throwing it in your ex's face. What a f*cking *kitten* of a friend. Who does that? Seriously. Does she have no soul? I hate people like that. Anyway, GREAT JOB!!! I'm so happy for you! And I'm sure you will find someone actually worth your time!
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Awesome story.... Just be happy with yourself, and the rest will follow.
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That is great that you found that motivation in yourself! Way to go! Keep up the great work and you will get there for sure.
  • tessb84
    tessb84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    LOVE your story, and congrats on losing so much. Being a personal trainer sounds like an awesome job. Thanks for the motivation:flowerforyou:
  • sublimechik28
    sublimechik28 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i sooo feeel ya!! screw him! my ex would call me all the time even when he had a gf so i finally got fed up said stop calling me and started working my *kitten* off! hes still a loser lol
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Good for you to spin a bad situation into something positive. Blow him off!
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    Fantastic! xxx
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Haha I love it, sock it to em girlfriend :D
  • nickyh13
    Options
    Wow...way to turn a negative into a positive. Good to find out now what a low life he is rather then throw years away to someone who simply doesn't deserve you.

Good on you hun.
    xx
  • blueeyeddragon2115
    Options
    I can so relate. I had a boyfriend that did sort of the same thing. Although i lost a lot of weight at first i gained a lot back and now i'm back here again trying to make it work. Having someone's face to throw it in makes that extra workout seem worth it.
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Living, looking and feeling great is the best revenge. The more you loose the better you will feel and the better his just desserts! You go girl! :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I hope you kicked that "friend" to the curb with that fiancee. It was time to get rid of that trash! Best of luck to you reaching your goals!
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    love it! great story!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!