After & Before - My Flip-Flopped Success Pics

Options
13»

Replies

• Juggernaut_D
    Juggernaut_D Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Kudos for you for sticking with it, even through small weight loses. Your story is much like mine and 2lbs from now, I'll hopefully be brave enough to post here! Your are an inspiration, and I too, love my Fitbit! Thanks for sharing!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    great job!!! its crazy how different everyones body is. Im shooting for 140 and im 5'4 but big bones so I look smaller at a heavier weight( thank goodness!!!) :)
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    That's amazing oh my god
  • jabby220
    Options
    way to go -- you look amazing
  • jenf330
    jenf330 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    To the OP, do you remember how long you tried the whole "eat more to lose more" approach? It doesn't seem to be working for me either, so I was just curious. Thank you!

I think I tried it for about a month. I'm sure the people over on those boards would say I didn't give it enough time and I probably didn't. But when you have such slow progress anyway and then it stops, well, it's hard to keep going indefinitely. I think it probably works really well for some people, it just didn't for me.
  • jenf330
    Options
    You did a wonderful job sticking with it.... To be honest with you, I was about ready to call it quits today, or tomorrow. I would like to lose 20-25 lbs. 5'9, 200 lbs, 56 yrs old, and small boned, although you wouldn't know it if you looked at me.... anyway, I figured I would lose faster than I have been, but nope.... so I figured to heck with it... But, after reading your post, I think that I will keep going.... a 1/2 lb a week is a 1/2 lb a week. Those 1/2 lbs add up...... eventually... Thank you... Kat :):flowerforyou:

Yes! I am so happy my story was able to help. I love this whole MFP community and many others helped me along the way. Keep with it!
  • jenf330
    Options
    Just wanted to thank you all for your kind responses!! I was feeling like I was slipping off the healthy wagon, but reading all these nice comments has re-committed me to maintenance. Love this community and all it's amazing members!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Great job on your success you did an amazing job
  • Galloping4God
    Galloping4God Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Great job!!
  • zombinaape
    zombinaape Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look sensational! Loving the vino, too! You are totally Facebook-worthy, and then some! Flaunt it, gorgeous!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I agree that this is totally facebook ready, you look freaking awesome!!
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    congrats on your success!! you look fantastic!!
  • mizzfet
    Options
    You look amazing! Thank you for the inspiration, you and your husband should be very proud of yourselves!! Awesome job!! :)
  • Clovermoth
    Clovermoth Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look amazing and your story is beautiful. COngrats on your hard work mentally and physically paying off :) Thank you so much for this inspiration.
  • mimi337
    mimi337 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Alright, I wasn't sure I was going to post this because, well it's kinda scary. My husband recently displayed his 45+ pound weight loss on Facebook and got some really great responses. I'm not brave enough for Facebook, but I guess I'll give this a shot.

I didn't have a lot to lose, so losing it was even harder. It wasn't the weight I cared about. At 5'6, 140 pounds, I was well within the "normal" BMI range, but I wasn't happy with the way I looked. I've always known that I have a small frame and any excess weight is obvious on me.

It started out as this all-out mission to lose weight before a vacation in Jamaica. I was only able to lose 5 pounds and I'm surprised I didn't give up when I got home. Instead, the 5 pounds gave me the motivation to keep going. I purchased Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and completed the entire program. After that, my husband joined me and we did the Chalean Extreme program. Now we're on the Skogg Kettlebell program. I like working out at home and being able to switch it up frequently helps. I tracked calories here on MFP and wore a Fitbit to help me move more when I wasn't necessarily exercising.

It was slllooooowwwww. At one point I had almost convinced myself that at my age (32), my metabolism simply wouldn't let me dip below 130. But I pushed through and kept at it. I lost less than 1/2 a pound a week on average, which can get really frustrating. It helped me a lot when I started recording my weight every day (instead of just on days when I lost) so I could see that even though it was slow and had a ton of fluctuations, that line was still edging down.

My original goal was 125 and today I hover around 123-124. I'm super happy at this weight (even though I'd like to see abs eventually). It took me 9 months and some change, but I feel like it was all worth it.

I'm posting this today because I feel like my focus has waned a little. It's hard to stay so motivated when you've hit your goal. I want to see how far I've come and realize that my new goal is not slipping into old habits.

Please excuse the flip-flopped pictures (my husband put it together). The picture on the left was from last week at dinner, the picture on the right was from 2 years ago at my heaviest weight of about 143.

c2c0b023-653c-4639-903b-ee92e2c79eab.jpg

This is EXACTLY what I was seeking tonight -- a story about slow loss that took a long time but worked! I am in the EMTWL group but i'm not seeing any changes after 8 weeks and feel chubbier than ever. I've never done the really low calorie thing but at 5'2 i'm trying to stick with 1700 a day since I'm also weight lifting. Anyway, the point is -- it's been 8 weeks and I haven't really lost anything but perhaps once it all gets going for me (half a lb a week would be fantastic!) I'll be posting a story like yours this time next year. Thanks for sharing your journey, you've made a real difference in someone's life tonight. And you look fab!!
  • jenf330
    Options
    This is EXACTLY what I was seeking tonight -- a story about slow loss that took a long time but worked! I am in the EMTWL group but i'm not seeing any changes after 8 weeks and feel chubbier than ever. I've never done the really low calorie thing but at 5'2 i'm trying to stick with 1700 a day since I'm also weight lifting. Anyway, the point is -- it's been 8 weeks and I haven't really lost anything but perhaps once it all gets going for me (half a lb a week would be fantastic!) I'll be posting a story like yours this time next year. Thanks for sharing your journey, you've made a real difference in someone's life tonight. And you look fab!!

To be perfectly honest, I think that EMTLW does work in theory, but I think the calculators they use have too much room for error. Even being conservative with my activity level, most calculators said I was burning somewhere around 2100 calories a day. When I finally got a Fitbit, it was estimating closer to 1900 on workout days. It may not be that big of a difference, but it's enough that when you're eating at a small deficit, it could be the difference between losing and maintaining. I hope you find that right number for you and the scale starts moving again soon!!
  • Chenca
    Chenca Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The difference is night and day! You look absolutely incredible! I can't wait until thats me :) Thanks for the inspiration!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!