33 pounds lost and 1/3 of the way! Pics of course :)

Options
Hello MFP!
I joined this site March 27, three days before my 25th birthday, and gave myself what I THOUGHT at the time was possibly an unrealistic goal. I've done the typical yo yo dieting before, but never seemed to drop more than 25 pounds before I would fall off the wagon and go back to my bad habits. I'd never tried any programs or sites, and was a little skeptical/hesitant. Anyways, I gave myself a goal to lose 90lbs by my 26th birthday.
As of my weigh in this week, I'm officially down 33 POUNDS! Going from a sedentary, eat everything lifestyle, to tracking all my food, and adding a minimum of 60 mins of exercise a day has allowed me to get an awesome start.
I've taken measurements as well, and in the first 60 days I lost a total of 12.5 inches (stomach, thighs, butt, waist, neck, arms, bust), and am now waiting until I hit one of the dreaded plateaus to measure again and keep myself motivated.
I'm 6 months in to this lifestyle change, and while obviously I was hoping to be closer to 45lbs lost and half of my goal, I'm not worried. This is further than I've ever come.
I play a LOT of baseball during the summer, and according to testing done at my check in, even though I've only lost 4 pounds in the past 2 months, my body fat has dropped noticeably, and so has my waist. I haven't done measurements lately but I've gone down from a 22 jean to a 16, (and some 14s) and can FEEL the difference. So who can say no to a gain in muscle?

5'10
SW: 265.8
CW: 231.2
GW: 170
UGW: One fiftyyyyyyyy? fiiiiiiive? sixty? I dunno. Whatever looks right.

Christmas 2012 - September 2013
iot5.jpg

April 2013 - July 2013
d2q6.jpg

The body shot is 2 mths old, I'm not taking more body shots until next month (200 days)

Any ads welcome! I love new friends :D:flowerforyou:

Can't believe I'm posting that pic... :noway:

Replies

• nicolebeck89
    nicolebeck89 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I added you as a friend :)
  • jessica091303
    jessica091303 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yay for you posting the pic!!! And what Inspiration!!! I'm adding! :happy:
  • watercolorarteest
    Options
    Fantastic job! And you're braver than I! Keep going... don't let the plateaus discourage you... they're only a reminder to re-evaluate your action plan to re-affirm your next benchmark goal! You can do it!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My dear friend you are an inspiration!!! I am so proud of your progress and love having you on my team! Your progress pics are INCREDIBLE! Lurve you!!!!! Keep up the badass work!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    congratultions girly!!!! you wont believe the pics i have for my sucess story when that time comes. LMAO. its all good. you look great.
  • Wade_74
    Wade_74 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You've done truly amazing, my friend.. Your workouts and diary inspire me and you're doing fantastic.. Keep up all your outstanding work. :) I can't wait to see your next goal reached!
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    amazing job!!!!!!! You sound so positive and energetic!!! Im friending you!:smile:
  • elainemorris1982
    elainemorris1982 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    amazing results, great inspiration
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am so glad we are friends! You are beautiful and doing such AMAZING things!!! Keep up the GREAT work and you will be there before you know it!!! :)
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

5'10
    SW: 265.8
    CW: 231.2
    GW: 170
    UGW: One fiftyyyyyyyy? fiiiiiiive? sixty? I dunno. Whatever looks right.

Christmas 2012 - September 2013
    iot5.jpg

April 2013 - July 2013
    d2q6.jpg

The body shot is 2 mths old, I'm not taking more body shots until next month (200 days)

Great work Sandy! I'm so proud of you. You look great!

MINE!!!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options

MINE!!!

Bahaha <3333 :heart:

Thank you to everyooooooone!! Especially all my current MFP loves, all the inspiration and motivation I've got from you always keeps me going if I'm feeling slow!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Bump cuz Sandy is just that awesome and the mfp world needs to know!
  • Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    you're absolutely amazing Sandy. YIou're a true inspiration :D congratulations!!!

P.S: that's true, this girls plays a LOT of basketball, and she walks a LOT with her dog Kayden too!
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You are like all kinds of AWESOME Sandy!! They hard work really shows!! And the site IS the bomb! I'm farther than I've come before too! Well done, high fives, hugs and smooches!!! :flowerforyou:
  • xoxolindseym
    Options
    You look SO amazing. And you're gorgeous. wow. :smile:
  • WJZR
    WJZR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go. I am way, way older than you..( 62 ).. but feel like I am finally getting serious about losing and getting to the gym. I love that you posted progress pics!
  • meeeshellllle
    meeeshellllle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    wonderful job!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tnozzy
    Options
    Great job you look great
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Your doing a Super job, keep up the great work:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!