Dr. Dukan Diet

Options
CALIECAT
CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
Is anyone following his diet. I am and I just love it. Lost 8 lbs the first 5 days.

Replies

• msmith1974
    Options
    I am following the diet. I started last Wednesday and to date I am 10 pounds lighter! I am starting to miss my starches though. I love sushi and I also love pasta, I'm Italian, and I am starting to miss them emensly. I did a bit of a cheat today because I needed some taste, I had 2tbs of Honey Mustard which has 8 sugars. But I couldn't do the bland thing anymore. I am loving the addition of veggies, but I miss fruit too.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi MSmith. glad to hear from you. This is my 11th day. and after losing 8 lbs the first 6 days iam at a stanftill on my weight. But ii am nor discourage . so far I have not had any cravings yet. I have just started doing a little walking. Been eating a lot of chicken And greek yogurt. get up in the morning Its a new day. That muster should't have hurt you much.

You are welcome to join us on this thread for low carbers Just click on the link There is a couple gals there are Be looking for you. on the Dukan Diet I order the book today.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/124710-group-llc-holiday-challenge?page=3
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    tried it since i love protein.
    lost 10 lbs the first 7 days... but then i found it hard to keep up with it.
    no energy and felt like crap.

tried it a few months later and barely lost 3 lbs the first week.

i used the goal weight and time frame it gave me and met it at the same time by just counting calories.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    councting calories will work. but me I don't like to count clories So i am please with this plan.

Come jpin us on lo carbers thread if you wish

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/124710-group-llc-holiday-challenge?page=3
  • nicjane113
    Options
    Surely these diets that make you lose loads of weight quickly aren't good for you in the long run?
    Our bodies needs nutrients from all sorts of food groups in moderation to be healthy.
    Once you get to your goal and don't take the diet too strictly then the weight will just pile back on
    Slowly and surely is the best way to win the race!
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Surely these diets that make you lose loads of weight quickly aren't good for you in the long run?
    Our bodies needs nutrients from all sorts of food groups in moderation to be healthy.
    Once you get to your goal and don't take the diet too strictly then the weight will just pile back on
    Slowly and surely is the best way to win the race!

You have to follow the plan right to maintenance and beyond. You WILL regain weight no matter what plan you go on [even if it's simple calorie counting] if you go back to eating the way you were eating before the weight loss. It'll happen no matter what.

There are some people who thrive on these types of plans for a variety of reasons. With Dukan you will lose about 2lbs per week after the initial Attack phase. It's not a 10lbs per week every week type of plan. The point of this plan was to help people who are always hungry when trying to lose weight. It's not a miracle plan and it wont help you lose 100lbs in a month. It really IS a slow and steady plan.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

sp can't remember your number I am a a standstill aftr my first week of 8 lb lost. but I am confident it will come off if I stay on the plan. And I have. I did get the book order. from amazone Uk Should have it my the end of the month.I was so exciting last week of getting up and weighing. so I have quit weighing everymorning Will be once a week now.
    We welcome all views pro or cons Enjoy reading them. Callie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning all,
    This coming Monday is weigh in time. looking forward to it. Had a nice week. and stayed on plan all week. Been getting my walks in. Just a lovely week. I am hoping for a 2 lb lost. as the good Dr. said. But if not will go for another week.

week 1:heart: 8 lbs
    week 2 ?
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    i GOT MYSELF FULL ON VEGGIES TODAY FOR MY CRUISE DAY. gO BACK TO ATTACK DAY TOMORROW i WAS VERY GOOD. CABBAGE, AAND MIXED VEGGIES WITH 2/3 C COTTAGE CHEESE. iT WAS GOOD GETTING AWAY FROM MEAT.
    MARIE
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Today has been a bad day. so far i Have stayed real good but it has not been easy. Be glad when this weekend is all over. Come on Monday. Lookinf forward to getting my books so I know for sure what to do.B e back in the morning for it is my second Weigh in
    See yo then.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hi there/ i lost 2 lbs. this week make 10 lbs. Yesterday was a temper one , but I made it thru. Today is easier. Really don't care if I eat or not. But I will. Marie
  • londaaley
    londaaley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the dukan diet as it is foods I really enjoy. I had a lapse over christmas and holidays but back on board now and the weight is slipping away again. I'm using it in conjunction with this site and am very happy with how its going.

Marie the book makes it much easier.

Good luck!
  • Alex_lugo
    Alex_lugo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on this plan for 9 days and have lost 9 pounds. I was not sure I would be able to adhere to this diet as I love carbs but I have found it easy to follow and have not any significant cravings. More than anything else, I feel like the fact that I am losing the weight so successfully is far more important and motivating to me than having a piece of cake...