UK Members

Options
Hi Guys

Looking for any UK members, who have open diaries as when I look atr the USDA ones I can never make the meals as I can't ever seem to find the food they use :-( and I can't decipher the measurements!

Thanks xx

Replies

• squishyfishy
    Options
    Hi I'm in Scotland and I'm not sure if my diary is open but I'm an old hand at this calorie counting lark and am happy to share tips and recipes.
  • simply_healthy
    simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You can have a look at mine....
  • gingajoy
    Options
    Hiya. Just made mine open (I didn't realise it was private). I actually use a lot of US measurements as I lived there for a long time, and find it much easier to measure by volume than weight. So you'll see cup and tbsp measures on my diary as well as weights. I'd *really* recommend buying a set of cup measures if you can find them. I'd much rather scoop my lentils and dump them in the pan than weigh them:-)

Just did a quick look on Amazon and they're here and pretty cheap: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=cup+measures&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=5982758769&ref=pd_sl_lc7l8sa6u_b

I also find this useful:
    http://www.recipes4us.co.uk/us_cups_to_weight.htm

Feel free to friend me and ask my advice on any of the foods or measures. Can't promise I'll always know, but will try!
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My diary is open to people who are added as friends. Feel free to add me if you like - always happy to share tips and recipes.

C
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    agree completely. what on EARTH is a cup?!! my diarys open so feel free to snoop :smile:
  • squishyfishy
    Options
    On the cup thing I got a measuring jug from Asda that has cups on one side so that I can compare, it was cheap as chips. There are loads of healthy recipes on BBCGoodfood and try the channel 4 website for cookyourselfthin recipes. I did that diet before and the recipes were fab, you can also get the books really cheaply through the book people and they are brilliant. There are things like chicken tikka and chocolate brownies in them and none of it tastes diet at all.
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Maxine, just looked at your diary, loosks god!! What the hell did you do for 889 exercise cals though?!?! Im intrigued...getting back to exercising on Monday and still unsure what the best way to do it is.

Squishyfish - Thanks i'll try them in my lunch hour! xx
  • pamp1emousse
    Options
    @squashyfishy (great name btw!) - i may get one, thanks! ive always felt really neurotic measuring or weighing my food tho! has to be done i suppose

@bethanybear - thanks, i thought you may find it really boring! im quite lazy with cooking so if i find something i like that takes under 10 minutes ill just have that over and over til im bored lol.
    It was 700 at the gym (70 getting to and from the gym, 50 on weights, 30 warmup, 350 run, 100 stepper, 100 crosstrainer/elliptical as it seems to be called on this site!) and the rest was walking. had quite a bit of free time yesterday :smile:
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    mine's open - feel free to add me!
  • squishyfishy
    Options
    Maxine get a slow cooker, you just bung everything in, leave it for a few hours then its ready for tea, its been a total lifesaver for me and most stuff tastes fab slow cooked. £7 in Asda just now and no I don't work for them but I should ask them for commission lol.
  • karenpinkchick
    Options
    hey my diarys open, I got that slow cooker from asda for £7, its great!!
  • mazb81
    mazb81 Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm sure my diary is open to so feel free to have a nosey and add as a friend :) I too struggle with some of the measurements so I may have to invest in one of they jugs from asda too!!! Lol x
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    My diary isn't open, but I suppose I could change that. Also, I love sharing recipes! By the way, guys, you can buy measuring cups at Robert Dyas. :P Honestly, though, I never use them. I love my scale.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    By the way, goodtoknow.co.uk has some nice, healthy recipes. I'm making the Mediterranean rice tonight.
  • chezkie
    chezkie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I'm another Brit plagued by confusing measurements, hehe.

If any of you are looking for low cal/low fat recipes the weight watchers cooksmart and cook yourself thin books are good.

How do I make my diary public? It's a bit shameful at the moment and I've had a bad week for missing breakfasts, but just for future reference. Only been back on my healthy eating regime since Monday and first weigh in is Sunday, fingers crossed for a good number!

C x
  • squishyfishy
    Options

How do I make my diary public? It's a bit shameful at the moment and I've had a bad week for missing breakfasts, but just for future reference. Only been back on my healthy eating regime since Monday and first weigh in is Sunday, fingers crossed for a good number!

Hi if you go to your homepage and settings you can change your diary settings, I've just changed mine.
  • hooks1953
    Options
    My husband is from Scotland and have been dying for steak pie. Can you send me the recipe?
  • TMLS
    TMLS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm in the Midlands with an open diary. Add if you like!
  • squishyfishy
    Options
    My husband is from Scotland and have been dying for steak pie. Can you send me the recipe?

Have sent you a recipe
  • pamp1emousse
    Options
    Maxine get a slow cooker, you just bung everything in, leave it for a few hours then its ready for tea, its been a total lifesaver for me and most stuff tastes fab slow cooked. £7 in Asda just now and no I don't work for them but I should ask them for commission lol.

Will pick one up next time i go... good idea! and i'll mention your name at the till, see if i can get some sort of tip for you :tongue: