Looking for workout buddy/ someone to cheer/nag/motivate :)

Options
Hello!

I'm new here, and I'm looking to lose around 10-15 pounds, or 30 pounds if I'm being ambitious. :tongue: Err, let's see... I work an online job at home, I hardly need to get out and I mostly sit in front of my laptop for hours. Gym memberships are too expensive for my current income, and I mostly rely on exercise DVDs/ Youtube videos, and/or books to get workout routines. My main problem is motivation :ohwell: and the fact that I tend to get lazy. When I skip a day, I sometimes end up going weeks without working out :noway: bad, I know... but I guess, I've figured out that I need some kind of support system, or a workout buddy-- even if just a virtual one-- for motivation.

I can be your own personal cheerleader too, if you want :3 We can trade pictures of our sweaty shirts as proof that we didn't skip :tongue: hehehe.

Anyway, I hope to stick with this, and I hope to meet some new friends, too! :heart:

Replies

• TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello,

you don't need gym to do exercises. I don't go either. During summer and warm day I love to walk/run, swim, cycling, roler skating and during cold/winter time I follow youtube videos or doing some stretching.

I also started eating more vegetables and fruits (generally I eat fruits in the morning and vegies in the afternoon and evening). We don't have a bathroom scale so I just put the starting point by guess. It is better to see your bode is changing than to check the scale all teh time ( at least for me) because the muscles weigh more than fat.

Believe in yourself, stay strong

Best of luck!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can try logging your exercise - everything! Even taking a walk around the block. That way maybe if you see it :glasses: that will motivate you to be consistent and possible motivate you to do more.
  • gluteusassimus
    Options
    Don't feel bad. I have too many lazy days. Haha. But I know a ton of work outs that you can do while you are washing dishes or even waiting for the microwave to beep. (Unless you are like me and turn it off BEFORE it beeps. ) I can definitely be your motivation, and we can share work outs, and results. WE CAN KICK BUTT.
  • MaplesBass
    MaplesBass Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I start off with the best intentions and then it all falls apart.

I'll be your cheerleader. We can nag each other!
  • icywindow
    icywindow Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You want a friend? You got one! :D
  • chelciebrown07
    chelciebrown07 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of my working out at a gym, but I could still be your workout buddy! You have to be pretty hardcore to workout outside in the winter here in Alaska, and I can't claim that title yet. (Been considering buying some cleated shoes though, so maybe I will soon?)
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I do all my workouts at home...feel free to add me!
  • LouiseEWake
    LouiseEWake Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I am pretty new too. My motivation or life sometimes gets in the way of dieting and exercising. I love this site because every new day = new beginning. The counters at the bottom of the diary are sssoooo helpful. I watch these often so I can make sure I try to eat correctly. Although some days I have slipped.

There is something in the saying throw everything bad out of the fridge and pantry. It is really hard when you have a family and you don't want to deprave them. For the last month I have only bought healthy food except for this Tuesday since the kids are on holidays. It has helped me out heaps with sticking to my goals. I have incorporated shakes (rapid Loss, Celebrity Slim, Optislim and Isowhey) to my schedule so that I can prevent hunger. It has helped me incredibly.

I have a wii fit which I use to weigh myself on every morning and do go to the gym when I can (doesn't seem as much as I want). I am finding my motivation from my friends who are also shaking and exercising. I would love to have some friends on myfitnesspal to push me along, share stories, and increase our motivation. I don't do strenuous workouts but I do try to exercise 5 times per week.

The best thing to do is to JUST DO IT not think about things too much. I find these few words helps me quiet a lot.

Best wishes on your weight loss.
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm new too and have trouble finding motivation. I could also use a buddy. Please feel free to add me.
  • I could always use a buddy on here. I have 15 lbs more to lose by my 1 year anniversary date of November 23rd. But I too have weeks where I can't even seem to get in 1 day of exercise much less 5 days. So I too could most defianetly use a partner in this new journey. Please feel free to add me!
  • Boomer_Sooner1972
    Options
    Whatever gets the heart rate up will work. Gym memberships are not a necessity.
  • robbiejean53
    Options
    :smile: I only started this a couple weeks ago. Just sick of being overweight, and really need to get healthy. I have free access to a gym where my husband works, but would rather work out at home...till winter arrives in MN. Walking has been great with the weather lately and the leaves changing. I found the day I walked without the head phones, I thought too much..so the music keeps the pace going. Also bike riding has been great. I too get lazy, but look forward to my summer clothes fitting better for a couple of warm trips this winter. Having a goal with the promise to gift yourself something helps too. Good luck and just PUSH YOURSELF!
  • TexasxMommyof2
    Options
    I'm new to the site and also on a weight loss journey. I'm a mommy of two beautiful girls and just had my second in August. I'm trying to lose the baby weight and more. I've lost majority of the baby weight by my 2 weeks postpartum check up but want to continue to lose more and get healthy!

Currently my work outs are mainly walking around my neighborhood, 30 day squat challenge, and some other small stuff. I'm usually really good at staying under my calorie goal even though I do eat junk.
  • aanne32f
    Options
    lol. Yes! Let's kick butt! What kind of workout do you do while washing the dishes? I'm curious :D
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    All of my workouts are either from the internet or DVDs. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • nickycat73
    nickycat73 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I do both, workout at home and the gym. Either way I need motivation and support. Feel free to add me.
  • mrsteeroy14
    Options
    i need a workout buddy too. Just started last friday my weight loss journey
  • Mimelishous
    Options
    Me to me to. I want a nagging, motivator fitness pal too:) no worries I'll nag n motivated u to. I'm open to pals all over, but would like someone close to home so maybe we could get a good workout in every now and then and then go for cookies and icecream. Lol Just kidding unless you're down:) Melanie from Chicago 27yr, 1 child, happily inlove and ready to get fit.
  • mrsteeroy14
    Options
    i will gladly be a nag/ accountability buddy! I'm nicole 27 mom to a 8 month old work full time and part time and have a fiancee' and house to look after lol.