fell off the diet wagon

Options
Oh no...

I lost 32 pounds. YAY!! Then I adjusted my settings on here to maintain my weight at the lower weight.

AND I GAINED 9 POUNDS!!!

WHAT?!?! WHY?????

So I readjusted back to losing and hopefully I will see that weght come off.

Any tips on how to jump start the weight loss?

Replies

• mario284
    Options
    Good question, I'd like to know as well as I will be changing my goals to maintaining really soon.
  • jacj46
    jacj46 Posts: 46
    Options
    I watched Robin Hood last night , so ... 'Rise and Rise again ... till Lambs become Lions' :smile:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I watched Robin Hood last night , so ... 'Rise and Rise again ... till Lambs become Lions' :smile:

That's the secret?? Get up early; eat lots of mutton??
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hmmm..... This site isn't accurate on the calories needed to do whatever. I've compared it to three others and something's a little off. By about 400 calories. Find out from another site how many calories you need to eat to weigh a certain amount and it will tell you. I use the American Heart Association's website and let that be my guide. Plug in the numbers you get there and you should be all set.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I am in maintenance mode after losing 45+ pounds. What I have done is let MFP calculate my calories if I were to maintain; then I see what my calories would be if I wanted to continue losing 1/2 pound per week; then I went into customize goals and set my calories at halfway between the two, while adjusting my carbs and proteins to 35% each and fat to 30%. I still work out 2x a week and I have maintained in general and even lost 2 more pounds, which I feel provides me "wiggle" room for weight fluctuations. That is what has worked for me. If I were to eat what MFP said I should, I would be close to 1700 calories per day and probably gaining as well. I do try to keep my sodium intake down, but often find myself over on sugar and fat. As long as the sugars are from vegetables, fruits and milk products, I don't stress over that one at all, as it is natural.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I am in maintenance mode after losing 45+ pounds. What I have done is let MFP calculate my calories if I were to maintain; then I see what my calories would be if I wanted to continue losing 1/2 pound per week; then I went into customize goals and set my calories at halfway between the two, while adjusting my carbs and proteins to 35% each and fat to 30%. I still work out 2x a week and I have maintained in general and even lost 2 more pounds, which I feel provides me "wiggle" room for weight fluctuations. That is what has worked for me. If I were to eat what MFP said I should, I would be close to 1700 calories per day and probably gaining as well. I do try to keep my sodium intake down, but often find myself over on sugar and fat. As long as the sugars are from vegetables, fruits and milk products, I don't stress over that one at all, as it is natural. I do log every day
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    OMG - I feel your pain, even on days where I over eat - I should still stay the same -- and I'm 188 ... but I still seem to gain and go up 2-3 pounds and the only way I lose is to cut back to 1,400 calories. I never seem to be able to maintain my weight, no matter what I weigh. For instance I'm up today to 191 ... :cry: - feel like I need to starve to get back to 188 in a few days.

Look forward to reading your responses.

:flowerforyou:

~Tamie