Making eggs at work

Options
jessicadawn1978
jessicadawn1978 Posts: 45 Member
Hi all,

I need to get more lean protein into my diet, and as I'm mostly veggie I'm thinking of using egg whites to help with this. And I'm hoping it'll give me some variey to meal times mostly breakfast and lunch.

I can take eggs into work, we have a microwave but no oven or hob.

Could anyone provide some ideas of what I could do to make the egg whites interesting and that I can prepare in a microwave please? Would definitely appreciate some inspiration

Just to note I'm time limited in the evening so difficult to prep for the next day and tend to make lunch whilst at work. But I can prepare things on the weekend to take in each day, I often make a batch of 10 egg cups on sunday and have 2 cold for breakfast each day.

Thanks for your help
Jess

Replies

• kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few recipes on the internet for "Microwave Omelets" that you may want to try. I've also had success reheating leftovers from a veggie scramble I made at home on the stove. I've also "boiled" a whole egg (haven't tried just the whites) in the microwave by cracking it into a bowl prepped with non-stick spray and breaking the yolk. You can then cut it up to add to salad. Of course, it would be easier to boil eggs at home, and just bring them already cooked.

Mix in lots of veggies and a little cheese (I sprinkle a little parmesan on top because it's low cal and full of flavor).
  • migueloxamendi
    Options
    I make my eggs at work most mornings. I mix it up with what I add to the eggs. I sometimes add a pre-cut mix of onions and peppers that my grocery (Publix) sells (in the produce section). A little bit of salsa on top of that is excellent. After the eggs are cooked, I usually add some shredded sharp cheddar on top. Most of the time I add some shredded bits of lean ham too. You can also add a bit of spinach. A dash of turmeric gives the eggs good color and taste.
  • TheLung
    Options
    A guy I used to work with would bring eggs and a sandwich bag. He would crack them and cook them in the bag with what ever add ins he had a craving that day. He would take the bag to his desk and rip it open and eat the egg mixture. Make sure you get the better bag and not the cheap ones.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I eat Egg Substitute and turkey sausage every morning at work - big beliver of getting tons of protein and less carbs in the morning. You can use real eggs and use the whites or just do what I do and get the container... Every Sunday I cook up a pack of Jenni - O Turkey Sausage and a batch of "Egg Muffins" (Basically put a container of Egg Substitute in a 4 cup measure with a bunch of different veggies,cheese, real bacon bits (and sometimes a few whole eggs), pour the mixture into greased muffin cups, and bake them for 35 minutes on 425 degrees in the oven. Then put two of each in sandwich bags and store them in the fridge (they last one week). When I get to work I put them on a paper plate, microwave them for 1 minute, and wall - a breakfast...
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I make my eggs in the microwave all the time and I usually just add whatever veggies I have on hand (onions, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, etc). I've also added cheese or salsa. They're quick and they are so good.
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I've made the breakfast muffins before, with the eggs and chopped bacon, and they were a hit, you could also do a make ahead egg sandwich.

http://stormthecassoulet.com/2013/03/26/bacon-egg-cheese-muffins/

http://www.homebeccanomics.com/2011/09/14/make-ahead-and-freeze-breakfast-sandwiches/
  • amazon75
    Options
    The Hungry Girl website has countless recipes for egg mugs. http://www.hungry-girl.com/search?keyword=egg+mug