Burger King - Satisfries

Options
LOL this makes me laugh...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/09/24/burger-king-french-fries-satisfries-fast-food-restaurant-industry-mcdonalds/2854243/

Anyone going to start going to Burger King now? Really curious as to what "re-configuring in the amount of a few ingredients" really means... more additives and processed blech? Probably. GROSS!

And on a side note, Burger King was my first job... I will never eat there. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Replies

• lalalalinzy
    lalalalinzy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    No one cares about satisfries? :o
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i dont care much for their fries but their onion rings have me hooked. nom nom oily goodness.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    If they're the same ingredients in BK's already horrible fries, then I see no difference.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    the calorie difference is not significant enough to go the "satisfies" route IMO.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Even their regular fries are meh. Give me McDonald's, Wendy's or Chick-fil-a fries anytime over them.
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    hmmm skeptical but its FRIES! I'll have to give them a try
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I don't care much for fast food fries anyway. Give me some thick-cut fries from a diner or pub anyday
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I can't eat burger king fries, but I never really liked them anyway. I once got some that tasted like fish :indifferent:
    0067808 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm staying in a Novotel hotel in Edinburgh tonight - went to the trouble of looking at the menu before going down to the restaurant and had decided to have the chicken salad. Got out of the lift beside restaurant and the fire alarm went off - 'everyone out'.
    'Out' was cold and raining (it tends to in Edinburgh) - the hotel is on an industrial estate. The only other thing on the industrial estate at night is Kentucky Fried Chicken. The entire population of the hotel walked over to KFC - yes, we succumbed.

I asked for a chicken wrap. "Do you want the meal"? No, just the wrap and a bottle of water. "But its the same price". I don't want any fries, just the wrap. "But you're losing out". That's the whole idea, I'm trying to lose weight. "I'll give you a corn cob instead". Ok, whatever........ The tray came out with the wrap, the corn cob AND the fries. KFC are determined to derail my diet - its a conspiracy. I asked her to remove the fries (yes reader, I really did!) and she said it was part of the meal. I explained that I'd been given a corn cob instead ....she had to check with her manager that it was OK to remove the fries from my tray.

MFP members, its a battlefield out there .......
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    No, if I'm going to give in to my fry craving it has to be Arbys curly fries, yum! It really is not that big of a difference to matter to me.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I can't eat burger king fries, but I never really liked them anyway. I once got some that tasted like fish :indifferent:

^ew! Barfo....

For some reason BK ever sits well with me so i'll pass on those fries....I do love other fast foods though, McDonald's & Wendy's are my favorites
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    i might give them a try
  • TheLung
    Options
    I hate Burger King so I probably will not be eating these. I would rather go to Wendy's where I can at least trade the fries for a baked potato. I am not to fond of Wendy's new fries either. If I had to choose it would be Checkers/Rallys first then Arby's curly fries.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm staying in a Novotel hotel in Edinburgh tonight - went to the trouble of looking at the menu before going down to the restaurant and had decided to have the chicken salad. Got out of the lift beside restaurant and the fire alarm went off - 'everyone out'.
    'Out' was cold and raining (it tends to in Edinburgh) - the hotel is on an industrial estate. The only other thing on the industrial estate at night is Kentucky Fried Chicken. The entire population of the hotel walked over to KFC - yes, we succumbed.

I asked for a chicken wrap. "Do you want the meal"? No, just the wrap and a bottle of water. "But its the same price". I don't want any fries, just the wrap. "But you're losing out". That's the whole idea, I'm trying to lose weight. "I'll give you a corn cob instead". Ok, whatever........ The tray came out with the wrap, the corn cob AND the fries. KFC are determined to derail my diet - its a conspiracy. I asked her to remove the fries (yes reader, I really did!) and she said it was part of the meal. I explained that I'd been given a corn cob instead ....she had to check with her manager that it was OK to remove the fries from my tray.

MFP members, its a battlefield out there .......

i hate when they upsell you because they try to convince you its a better value, however, its not a better value if your doing portion control and i believe they "might" be doing it for selfish reasons, as they get commission for upselling you more product.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    McDonald's continues to make the superior fry. No thanks BK.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    "...the thinner batter..."

WTF? Since when did fries need a "batter"?!
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I say good on BK for trying to make a healthier product.
  • chai_masala
    chai_masala Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love Burger King. I love their marketing. I love their not taking themselves too seriously. I like their fries. I'll try them next time I go. I don't go all that often.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options

THANK YOU!! I read this article last night and thought wtf? Batter on french fries? I wonder what awesome, totally natural and nutrient-rich ingredients this batter is made out of.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

THANK YOU!! I read this article last night and thought wtf? Batter on french fries? I wonder what awesome, totally natural and nutrient-rich ingredients this batter is made out of.

Most fast food french fries these days are double-fried with some kind of seasoning and/or batter crap on them. I used to like McDonalds fries until they started this, long ago. Then I preferred Burger King's - at least theirs wasn't as noticeable.

Now I don't like any of them. I want my fries to taste of potato, salt, and a tiny bit of the frying oil (so it better not be old and it better leave a pleasant aftertaste). That's it.