Stronglifts 5X5

Options
I created 3 routines after buying the book "The Biggest Book of Exercise" by Women's Health and I switch routine's every 6 weeks (for the past year now). I am looking to get stronger / change things up. I read up on Stronglifts 5X5 and I would like to hear input from other MFP's. Have you found this program to be successful? It says to do Workout A and Workout B, 3 days a week during the 12 weeks. While you were doing it, is that all you did for 12 weeks? I usually lift 5 days a week (with a two day rest of each muscle).

Any tips\success stories would be great to hear.

Thanks!
:wink:

Replies

• mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I created 3 routines after buying the book "The Biggest Book of Exercise" by Women's Health and I switch routine's every 6 weeks (for the past year now). I am looking to get stronger / change things up. I read up on Stronglifts 5X5 and I would like to hear input from other MFP's. Have you found this program to be successful? It says to do Workout A and Workout B, 3 days a week during the 12 weeks. While you were doing it, is that all you did for 12 weeks? I usually lift 5 days a week (with a two day rest of each muscle).

Any tips\success stories would be great to hear.

Thanks!
    :wink:

It's a little boring, but very good if you lift at an intermediate level (which, judging by your picture, seems like it might be the case). I moved on in favor of Wendler's 5/3/1 with bodybuilder-style assistance work, but I think the concise nature of the 5x5 is it's selling point.

Whether or not it's successful depends on your goals and nutrition plan around it, really.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts is kind of a beginner routine. A lot of people suggest Wendler's 5/3/1 for intermediate lifters (although I've never done it).
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I've liked stronglifts so far as a way to get back into regular lifting. I stopped doing anything for about a decade, so I figured I should probably start back over. It's giving good, fast results. My plan is to stick with it until I pass the point of linear gains, then switch to 5/3/1. If you're already past that point, stronglifts might not have much to offer.