Pole Dancers

Options

Replies

• Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    my town is way to uptight for a pole dance class to be able to make it here.

LOL. Same here.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I used to teach those classes... Great exercise for your upper body, core and all around flexibility
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Check groupon and half off dept for cheaper offers...
  • aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I want to take classes so bad but
    a) They're expensive
    b) I think I'm too heavy

It's a goal of mine eventually though. Maybe once I get my car paid off and have a few extra hundred dollars swimming around :).

you are never to heavy to pole ever. I was 240 with ZERO muscle when I started a year ago. my progress has been slower than others but this is an at you own pace workout. It is expensive but if you ever buy one and do it at home that is all you have to pay so it equals out in the end.
  • candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I love it, it's perfect for toning legs and core. Be prepared for some strange black and blues though

My image of you in my head, just got a whole lot more.... well you know. haha

hahahahaha uhmmmmmmmm thanks?
  • oxlisaxo91
    oxlisaxo91 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been pole dancing for almost a year, take classes twice a week and I would suggest it to anyone and everyone!! Its absolutely worth every cent!
    I can honestly say it's one of my top motivations to keep losing my body fat and getting leaner because hell who doesn't wanna look sexy while dancing on the pole!! ;)

The strength you gain is incredible! From term 1 when you're barely able to climb once up on the pole, to term 5 where your flipping upside down and doing pretty cool tricks :) Its good to see progress like that!
    Although, for myself, I have noticed quite a large amount of difference between both arms though since you do have one more dominant arm in pole dancing, but I'm slowly evening it back out :D

Love it! Best hobby!
  • TinyTeTe
    TinyTeTe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

*Here*

There's a pole dancer/fitness group on MFP, but I don't think they're active.

Would LOVE to keep this thread alive.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    my town is way to uptight for a pole dance class to be able to make it here.

So you live in the "Footloose" town? :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'd rather get paid to pole dance than pay to do it. Jus sayin.
    this...except i would probably only get make 15 cents per month.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I take pole dancing lessons too :) just a beginner here. it is a good workout for the the whole body!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Pole dancer checking in
  • Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Pole dancing is deadly business.

dance_19.gif
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Pole dancing is deadly business.

dance_19.gif

Damn looks like it
  • Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Kind of disappointed that she got up.
    Now she'll have a boring death which probably either involves dying in her sleep or overdosing on marijuanas.
    You can't top death by faulty strippah pole.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I've been doing pole fitness 3x per week since March. Love it! Looking to add other pole fitters! :smile:
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Be careful!

Pole-dancer-face-plant.gif
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mqfylns6hx1sn8zpko5_500_zpsdb84a397.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • myprana
    Options
    If anyone's looking for a no-cost way to start stronger using poles, there are some amazing workouts that can be done at the playground. Like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqZHNjfRKHM. :tongue: And there are plenty of guys doing this training too. :wink:
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I've been taking classes for two weeks now. Alot of fun, sweat like a b!tch and I've got some pretty bruise trophies.
    Next class is Saturday!
  • IndigoRey
    Options
    Ive always wanted to try it...seems like a great work out plus u get to learn some cool moves