Options

Replies

• brownbird24
    Options
    I only find this offensive because I can't have either cupcakes or meth! :(
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    offensive at a kids party, yes. in general, just really tasteless.

Nah, not tasteless. I am sure they are TASTY!
  • smithed812
    Options
    10/10 would eat
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I'm more offended by these "cocaine" covered doughnuts

powdered-donuts.jpg

*Snort* That means 2 things :P

coke_cat_freak.jpg?w=720
  • brownbird24
    Options
    I was just thinking that would be a "funny" 10th birthday theme party.
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    I am a cupcake baker and I love these! Wondering where I can find rock candy around here though...

Make it yourself! It's just cooked sugar!

Right, you just need a good apron and some goggles and...

Actually I wondered if it was some kind of jelled topping since the rock candy would seem to be a bit much. Like chunks of some pectin-y substance? Chunks of blue Jello?

Maybe... I just posted the pic on a friend's FB profile. She orders cupcakes from me, and she likes Breaking Bad... she is also a chef lol. She might have suggestions. Now I love rock candy. I can't even guarantee that it would make its way onto the top of the cupcake. Rock candy wouldn't be a bad idea for it... just eat it first, then the cupcake. Jello wouldn't stay put on top of icing. But I do like the idea :-)
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

tasteless? they look like they have tons of flavor!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

Pss hey don't tell the kids what it is, they'll suck it up like it was free.

Yes folks the first hit is free.

all joking here of course!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Those look tasty. You couldn't get me to eat a ricin cupcake though.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    People need to have a sense of humor! Sheesh.
  • MamaCatO
    Options
    I am a cupcake baker and I love these! Wondering where I can find rock candy around here though...

Actually I wondered if it was some kind of jelled topping since the rock candy would seem to be a bit much. Like chunks of some pectin-y substance? Chunks of blue Jello?

Maybe... I just posted the pic on a friend's FB profile. She orders cupcakes from me, and she likes Breaking Bad... she is also a chef lol. She might have suggestions. Now I love rock candy. I can't even guarantee that it would make its way onto the top of the cupcake. Rock candy wouldn't be a bad idea for it... just eat it first, then the cupcake. Jello wouldn't stay put on top of icing. But I do like the idea :-)

Recipe here: http://www.raininghotcoupons.com/breaking-bad-cupcakes-recipe/ this one does use Rock Candy. lol
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Although I don't support the whole meth thing, those cupcakes look delish! :love:
  • itsjustdawn
    Options

Recipe here: http://www.raininghotcoupons.com/breaking-bad-cupcakes-recipe/ this one does use Rock Candy. lol

Too bad the damn show is ending! Oh well. Gonna market the hell out of these lol
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options

Have you ever seen those litterbox cakes that employ strategically placed tootsie rolls?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    bb-aaron-paul-600.jpg

I WANT.

I want Jesse to smash one on his face so I can lick it off.

Those things are sharp! Smash gently!

Oh, good point! I'm always gentle. Almost always.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    haha no not at all, that's a really cute idea. Actually if I had any tiny sliver of baking skills I would try these xD I wonder if the recipe calls for chili powder at all :laugh:
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options

Have you ever seen those litterbox cakes that employ strategically placed tootsie rolls?

those are heaven. xD
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Lol um. No goggles required. Cooking sugar is one of the MOST simple things. Have you never made your own caramel, either?

Wet method: water + sugar in a pot.
    Dry method: sugar in a pot.

Easy peasy.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    There are donuts here in PDX made to look like spliffs and penises, I really don't see how a meth-a-like cupcake covered in rock candy could be offensive. It's quirky, off-beat and for a certain set. If they don't like them and don't get the humor they should not ever leave their house or watch TV, either. They sound painfully sheltered.
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm just offended by cupcakes in general.

The fad has gotten way out of control here. It's ridiculous.

Breaking Bad cupcakes, however, I could make an exception for...

I'm bracing myself for the Cronut Crusades. We're a little slow to catch on here but when we do it completely sweeps the entire nation doesn't it?!

I can see it now, next year's SPCA day won't be Cupcake Day, where we all feel morally obligated to donate something and eat a co-worker's tough, overcooked, tasteless lump of Mt. St. Cupcake, but Cronut day.
    Or maybe Sliders Day.

I can hardly wait. :wink: