Planet fitness 30 min express room rant

Options
I love their 30 minute circuit room but every time I've done it, there are people that go in there just to use one of the weight machines. It is starting to piss me off. I want to do my 30 minutes in the flow and shouldn't have to do it all out of order because some *kitten* won't get off a machine. The other night this guy wouldn't get off one of the weight machines and I finally got up the courage to say something. "Excuse me, theses are for the 30 min circuit and that's my next one." His response with a ****ty look: "yeah, so?" :angry:

Does anyone else use planet fitness and have this problem? How do you handle it? They have those same machines out on the floor they can use, right?

Replies

• hnp1987
    Options
    Hey!

yes I have had that problem. At my PF there are signs that say not to use the room for any other purpose than for the circuit. We even had a stand up marker board that said it as well. OF course you still have your butt heads that try this anyway. I do what you do and kind of put off whatever improperly used machine until the person moves. If they don't I also try to let them know I need to use that machine with a smile. When they say "yeah so" or roll their eyes I'm like "oh I'm sorry I don't want to be rude it's just that I usually use this room so I can use all the machines IN THE CIRCUIT. I will only use it as long as that light is green I promise" Sometimes I even break the awkwardness by excitedly telling them where the same exact machine is out on the floor....I like to kill them with kindness. Now I don't know how your gym workers are, but if they are ultra rude and still have not weak spot for me, I straight go tell on them...yes...I do that. And the gym people usually explain to them in detail how 30 minute express works why it is rude to use the machine out of circuit blah blah blah. Most of the time it works. Sometimes I they just come back and do the same thing.
  • adiostrasero
    adiostrasero Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ugh, the worst was when this teenage stick figure of a girl was at mine and would sit at a machine, do 2 or 3 half-hearted reps on the lowest setting, and would spend the next 5 minutes playing on her phone. I don't even understand why she joined a gym.
  • hnp1987
    Options
    Ugh, the worst was when this teenage stick figure of a girl was at mine and would sit at a machine, do 2 or 3 half-hearted reps on the lowest setting, and would spend the next 5 minutes playing on her phone. I don't even understand why she joined a gym.

omg I'm sorry that made me laugh so hard because I know exactly what you mean