34 years old, looking to lose 70!

2»

Replies

• ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Good luck to you for sure! I recently eclipsed the 70 pound mark myself, started when I was 36. MFP can definitely help by helping you hold yourself accountable.
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    I'm 34 got lots to lose !!!! glad you are here :)
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Hi folks!

Am brand new to MFP. My name is Lisa and I'm looking forward to joining the community. It's time to get serious! LOL

I quit smoking 2 weeks ago and finally feel ready to get serious about my health. I'm 223 lbs now and I'd like to get down to 150 eventually.

I was diagnosed last November with a spinal cord tumor and had it removed in January 2013. Going through such a scary event like this really helped me to focus on my body and drove home the point that I should take better care of myself.

Counting calories and sticking within my budget is more difficult than quitting smoking!! The urge to snack far outweighs the urge to smoke.

I look forward to getting to know you all better. Best of luck!
    Lisa
    Welcome to MFP.
    I found the best way to fight the urge to snack is to give in to it :) I found several healthy replacements I like that are filling too. Don't try to cut everything too fast or you will find yourself starving all the time and you will be miserable..... and fail. The first couple of days i did nothing but log everything. Then I cut (or replaced) out one or two things a week until I hit my micros.

Feel free to send a message if you have any questions or just need to vent.
  • Welcome! I'm 35 and looking to also get back down to a healthier weight. I was up to 220 and just could not do it anymore. I was just so tired of being so heavy. I'm down to 182 now and would love to get back down to the 120 I thought was so fat when I was a teenager. Feel free to add me so we can support each other :-)
  • congratulations lisa on quiting smoking....I think we have the same goal I would like to lose 70 pounds or more right now I weight 246 and I want to go down to 160pounds...I work out at the gym twice a week and I drink lots of water ...people say I should eat veggies but I don't like the taste of it..though.im sorry to hear about your illness you are still young to be sick...I just turned 30 years old and I wish to saty healthy for another 30 years of my life ..that's why I joined this program..focus on diet and working out and maybe in 7 months or so you will achieve your goal...good luck .-

benia
  • floridared
    floridared Posts: 52 Member
    Welcome aboard this train traveling towards the destination of a Thinner You. You may request me as a friend if you like. We all need to be #TEAMMFP as we encourage each other on our journey. The road is not easy but determination can make it happen.:flowerforyou:
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Welcome!

I'm Lucy and I'm thirty-five. My starting weight was 235lb, and I still have about 67lbs to go to get to my goal. I have to lose weight in order to qualify for a kidney transplant. Feel free to add me!
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Welcome to MFP! :) Request sent!