feelin abit down

Options
hi guys sorry feel liek i need to do a quick post ,
i am feelign a little down hearted tbh,
i am due to have my 2nd weigh in tomoz but just out of me feelign a little down this week i thought i would weigh my self early but not log it i i did this mornign and it says i have put on 3lb i am feeling really rubbish about thuis as i have really been stickign to all my cal and not once have i had ot many , what am i doing wrong????

any help or suggestions would bne great as i am ready for giving it all up guys
xxx emxx

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    All I can say is that you know nothing will happen if you give up. You have to keep plugging away. Hard to tell what is going on as your diary is not public. Could be you are over doing sodium, carbs or sugars or not drinking enough water, or just plain not eating enough, as strange as that one sounds. You have to eat healthy, get in some sort of exercise 2-3 times a week, and drink lots of water. You CAN make this happen!
  • MrsVerhaeghe
    MrsVerhaeghe Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It could just be your salt intake. Your weight can fluctuate sometimes up to five pounds in one day if you eat to much salt or dont drink enough water. Mine does that sometimes too. Its best if you weigh yourself at the same time every time you weigh. Dont worry Im sure you are fine :)
  • msmith101
    msmith101 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!!!! We all have weeks where we follow the calories and exercise like crazy and it still shows either a gain or no loss or gain for that week. If you have been working out with weights you might be turning fat into muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Don't let it discourage you and what ever you do, DO NOT GIVE UP!!! I don't know how much you want or need to loose but sometimes it can take time for your body to catch up with what you are doing. I finally got it in my head and in my heart that I need to do this, I have to do this, I have to loose the weight and be me again, be healthy and active again. Find your reason for doing this and then no matter what happens in the process remember and focus on that, on why you are doing this. You are worth the fight and the effort that it takes. You will get there, one day, one moment at a time. :flowerforyou:
  • emkam11
    emkam11 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    tha you guys does the water really have a huge impact on how much weight you loose, i have stayed in the green on everythign other than once i went over by liek 4 on preotein, i do exercise a little every day i got for a min of an hours walk with the dog not much i know but i hardly ever sit down to be honest ,

its really dis hearting , i am just hoping tyhe result i get in the mornign is better i really do as i am feelign really down about it atm i know giving up is not the answe and i really do know that but io am really struggling atm,

i have not long got back from a 2 hour walk with my boys and the dog ont he way back i got them a treat from the shop for being really good, and it was horrible looking at all the chocolate and stoppin my self from gettin it all,

maybe i am just not as strong as i thought , this is only week 2 em is all i keep saying to my self but its not making me feel much better

i am just being silly i think , xxx

thank you for ur advice though guys xxx
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Options
    Keep at it. Be proud that you stuck to your calories. Your body may know what you're up to and trying to hang on to the extra pounds. Don't worry, it'll eventually give in and the weight will come off. In the meantime, watch your salt intake, verify the height in MFP has is correct, don't forget little nibbles of food or drinks with calories.

Each meal is it's own triumph. If you go to bed knowing you have stuck with the plan be happy with your efforts.
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    All of us here believe you can do it! The best way to turn it around is to thing positively (yes... I know its hard) but instead of focusing on how bad you feel, be happy that you made the choice not to do the chocolate! Thats the start right there. Its the small steps we take the turn into the leaps that keep us going where we need to go! You CAN do this, and you WILL do this. The fact that your here looking for a little support speaks volumes! Good Job! We're all proud of you!
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself 1 days early last month one time... and it said i was up 3 lbs! I continued with my exercising and eating right and weighed myself just the next day and that 3 lbs was gone! Its very strange! But weight fluctuates alot, dont let it get you down!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I got really serious and dedicated just this year so wrote down my "anticipated" weight each week, losing an average of 2 pounds per week onto the calendar in my home office.
    Mid July I was feeling really unmotivated. I had not lost much, or anything, for a number of weeks in a row and was thinking "why bother". Every ounce is just SO HARD to lose and I was really down in the dumps.
    I decided to pull that calendar out to see where I thought I would be by then . . . much to my surprise I was the exact weight I had "anticipated" that I would be at!!!! Some weeks I've lost more, some weeks less, but by following my healthy plan and being dedicated to it I have averaged about 2 pounds per week.
    Keep at it. Our bodies are just weird, they hold onto the weight for some weeks, then let it go some others. Know that every little choice you make WILL get you to your goal, it just may not be the way you imagined it!
  • emkam11
    emkam11 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    thank you all so much ,
    i did get on the scales this mornign and i have put on 4lb but i am trying to look at the fact that i have sztill lost 5lb in 2 weeks and thatsd better than going bk to what i was so i just hope i feel better next week i am gonna stick at it see i am thinking that maybe i lost inces this week bit i dont know for sure as i didnt take measurments but i am tryin to think possative and trying to keep up the hard work,

i am prud of my self for not eatign the choc and not eating crisps, and sweets and things like that so i am just gonna have to try and up my water intake and see if that will help this week,

thank you so much for ur support it really does help guys thank you so so much
    xxx