How often do you exercise?

Options
I know that I need to increase my amount of exercise if I want to lose at a fast rate (would like 2lbs a week but averaging .5-1). I am spinning at least once a week but sometimes that's it. :/ I joined the C25K challenge so that I will have a motivator to get me jogging at least 3x a week and spinning once a week. Just curious as to how often everyone else works out.

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I try to work out at least every other day.
  • christi50674
    christi50674 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I try to do it daily but alternate exercises and intensity. I rotate walking, running and biking and just mix up number of miles and intensity.:happy:
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I workout everyday for an hour, but one day i take it easier. Exercise becomes so addicting! It just makes your whole day better, so thats one thing i don't mind being addicted too ;) I say try to get in 30 minutes each day, whether it be a walk or something more intense....Good Luck!!!!!!!
  • sbranaghan
    sbranaghan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I try to workout 5 to 6 days a week for anywhere to an hour to an hour and a half. Some days i do easier than others. it has become a great addiction and I definatly see benefits both in how my clothes fit and how I feel!!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I did Couch to 5k and now I am doing Gateway to 8k, still 3 days per week and I haven't been doing anything else, but I need to work in some strength training.
  • becomingsara
    Options
    I LOVE how much better I feel afterwards, that I have just recently started going for 2-3 times a day. I am a working mom (DH stays at home with our 4 yr old twin boys; 6 yr old boy is in school) and I refuse to give away my time with my boys, so I get up early for outside workouts and wait till after their bedtime for my dvd workouts... I NEVER thought I COULD let alone would WANT to...but I feel like a new person and can't WAIT to reveal the real me hiding under there!!!

hah...sorry that went for a while...I'm long-winded.
  • jrkingery
    jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I exercise 5 days a week.
    Strength training for a different area of the body every day , 10 minute warm up walk, 30 minute run 3 days a week, 30 minute elliptical the other two days, and a 10 minute cool down walk.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    3-5 times a week
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    5 days a week religiously...but sometimes on the weekend if I can fit something in....dont think 12 oz curls count for the weekend do they?
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am taekwondo 3 to 4 times per week..for 1 hour & 15 mins each time
    I walk approx 4 times per week, 3 km each time
    And I do Jillian's 30 day shred 1 or 2 times per week

So I am doing something pretty much every day..occassionally I will take a day off from either my walk or the shred.
  • camille45
    camille45 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    at least 4 times a week for 30-40 minutes
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I go 5-6 times a week with atleast 2 of the days as strength training, 2 with ab work and every day cardio.
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I try to do at least half an hour every day, but it doesn't always happen. The dog helps, because no matter what she needs to be walked so I can usually get in either a walk or a jog with her if nothing else. Those days I am closer to half hour, the rest I am around an hour.
  • AkBUTLER
    AkBUTLER Posts: 107
    Options
    I go to the gym on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with a focus on cardio. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my easy days and I walk around my apartment complex for 30 minutes.
  • AkBUTLER
    AkBUTLER Posts: 107
    Options
    I go to the gym on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with a focus on cardio. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my easy days and I walk around my apartment complex for 30 minutes.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Almost every day. Unless something comes up where I can't squeeze it in.
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    I exercise 5 days a week (no exceptions) for at least 45 minutes. Ellipical, treadmill and Turbo Jam are my usuals. I don't count "cleaning the house" "washing the car" or things like that as exercise. I just chalk those kind of things up as calories my body would burn anyway or a "cushion".
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    3-4 times during terms at school that I have a heavy course load. 4-5 during terms that my course load is lighter.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 3-4 times a week...pretty soon i'll be upping it to 5...i do 45 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training and core muscles...
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Min. of 3 days sometimes upto 5 or 6 if I'm lucky :happy: