Is it sexist?

Options

Replies

• iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Why does she make you uncomfortable? I don't get it. Unless you mean, she gets the blood flowing.
  • JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Comfortability isn't a word.
    That is all.

You get the gist...Thanks teacher~:bigsmile:
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Why does she make you uncomfortable? I don't get it. Unless you mean, she gets the blood flowing.

Are you talking about a hard on?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's any more sexist than women who won't see a male gynecologist. It's what you're comfortable with. But if you don't have a choice ...
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Comfortability isn't a word.
    That is all.
    no one cares.
  • phred_52
    phred_52 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Not hardly. As I like to say, "Google it".
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Then maybe you should grab those things you call balls and man up!

Not sure how grabbing his balls will help. That will probably make the female trainer more uncomfortable.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's sexist... just a preference. However, if you have no choice, give a woman a try. You might be surprised :)
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's sexist... just a preference. However, if you have no choice, give a woman a try. You might be surprised :)

Plus you get a sammich after the workout.
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I can understand you being uncomfortable with a women trainer. There are lots of websites that help you find trainers in your area and you can request by gender. I have a trainer that I met with once a week and when I went looking I looked for male trainers too.
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Back in the day, a female trainer took me from 185lbs to 215lbs at 14.7% body fat.

Worth keeping an open mind, and focusing on finding someone who knows what s/he's doing...
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure you can compare a personal trainer to someone poking around inside your reproductive organs... but ok.

Still don't think it's sexist. I wish my physio was female, as the guy I do have is really rough. It's always a bit awkward when my male PT does my body measurements, too.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It is NOT that I believe she is less than capable. It is a comfortability thing. I'm sure she knows her stuff.

Some women only want a female gynecologist, not sexist just preference.

This.
    My city has only 1 female gyno with a population of 50,000. It is impossible to get into her. Your stuck with a male no matter how uncomfortable it makes you.

That's what she said.
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    I'm not sure you can compare a personal trainer to someone poking around inside your reproductive organs... but ok.

Still don't think it's sexist. I wish my physio was female, as the guy I do have is really rough. It's always a bit awkward when my male PT does my body measurements, too.

My thoughts aswell haha
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Women are allowed to leave the kitchen in your town?
  • 1capybara
    1capybara Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    just sayin' .... comfortability!..... my spellcheck says it is a word, so ......
    btw, dont you have a YMCA in your town, theyre usually cheaper and have few if any trainers unless u want one.
    You just ask the other guys....or girls......how to use a machine, everyone is glad to help :)
    and clientelle varies by time, so if theres too many 18 year olds for you at 4pm, for ex., try some other time,
    you may get most old folks, or w/e, some other time of day
  • majorbaka
    majorbaka Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Prefer to see a female instructor that "knows her stuff" than a disinterested male who is only interested in next conquest as many are at my gym!

There is plenty of stuff to be concerned/angry about like "female only" nights although you're paying the same amount for an inferior service t - that really pissed me off!

Good luck with your training!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Sexist? Eh, maybe silly and possibly stupid.

There are A LOT of situations where I'd prefer to deal with one or the other sex, but if I don't have a choice I don't have a choice. When I had an minor complication 6 months pregnant, I wanted my female gynecologist, but it was after hours, so it was the male ER doctor or wait. I went with the male ER doctor because not being in pain was worth it.

I guess it depends on how badly you want it. If you don't want it bad enough to work with a female trainer, you'd PROBABLY fail with a male trainer because you aren't invested in the idea of "getting in shape no matter what".
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's sexist, maybe just a personal preference? I'm sure she's very capable!
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    No way. I always ask for a chick. I don't want to discuss my weight loss goals with a guy. Nothing wrong with sticking to same sex if that's what makes you comfortable