4 days of being unhealthy....

Options
Ok, so my bosses fed the homecoming court last Friday evening, and we have all kinds of left over cookies, chips, snacks, and cake. I have been so unhealthy all week long! I feel awful, and tonight we are going to the in-laws for supper. Bummer. Talk about soul food. Everything is drowned in butter! So if I eat poorly this last evening, I'm going to try to get back on track first thing in the morning. BUT I need some motivation. Can anyone give me some words of encouragement? I think I have had the munchies so bad because I have been dieting so hard! And, I just can't seem to make any progress. I started at 143 went UP to 150 and now I'm down to 142 again. My goal weight is 120, so I'm still far from my goal. I'm planning on reaching this weight by February, which is when my birthday is. I think I can I think I can I think I can..............

Replies

• gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Every day is a new day! I started doing the biggest loser workout videos (which I swear by) and I know if I eat something terrible I'm going to have to do that many more squats or lunges to work it off... and sometimes, its just not worth it. It seems to be working for me. But everyone falls off the wagon every once in awhile! What matters is you get back on!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    you need to relax...take a deep breath...so you fell off the wagon. it was only 4 days not 4 years. don't stress yourself out over something so little...just jump back on the wagon and add a little determination. many people diet hard and fast and end up binging...that's why you should treat yourself to little things along the way so you don't binge eat. or if you know you're going to the in laws, kick your cardio in high gear before you go...i for one am DREADING this weekend because it's thanksgiving and i'm at my mom's for 4 days...man can she cook! so i can imagine what my weigh in is going to be like on Monday...but it's ok, i'm prepared...i'll just work my *kitten* off next week in the gym...make sure i go all 4 days this week...maybe get to go for a walk with my sisters sometime during the holiday...it's not the end of the world...don't give up! you have a goal and it's easily atainable:happy:
  • kappy2010
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the uplifting comments! I'm back on the wagon today! It's a brand new day regardless of the weekend ahead! Will be at the camp this weekend, and I usually don't eat so well down there, but this weekend, I have a new attitude about it! I am going to walk both Sat. & Sunday and try to fit in some yoga, and Monday I'll be back home and be able to get back to TurboJam and all the great stuff I'm use to!

Thanks, again! And I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    Good job getting yourself pulled back together :) I'm a big fan of the don't deprive yourself school of thought!
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the uplifting comments! I'm back on the wagon today! It's a brand new day regardless of the weekend ahead! Will be at the camp this weekend, and I usually don't eat so well down there, but this weekend, I have a new attitude about it! I am going to walk both Sat. & Sunday and try to fit in some yoga, and Monday I'll be back home and be able to get back to TurboJam and all the great stuff I'm use to!

Thanks, again! And I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    Sorry I was supposed to reply to the quote but I didn't know how to but here's what I was going to say....I had a bad day yesterday and went way overboard last night with continous snacking. In the past I would of just given up and continued on with the binge eating but I've learned that we all have slip ups and the best thing to do is to forgive yourself and move forward. So today is a brand new day and I will continue on my path to a healthier me and I hope you will stay motivated as well.
  • kappy2010
    Options
    So far, today has been a great day. I'm back on track! I got up and did 40 minutes of TurboJam and I lifted some weight during my lunch break. I feel alot better about myself too! I did have just a handful of Doritos Hint of Lime chips, but then I got back to work, and haven't thought about food much, but now is about my time for my afternoon snack. I eat an early lunch (11am) so I'm usually hungry by 2-3. It seems today it'll be an early afternoon snack of a banana, V8, and some Kashi Go Lean cereal. I'll save the orange for a late afternoon snack! Today's a long day at work, we have to stay till 5:30 instead of 4:30! Yuck, Fridays stink! BUT we have a long weekend with Columbus Day Monday! Yay!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Good job kappy2010...you even sound happier...and mizfit, we ALL have whoopsies, that's just part of being healthy...even Tosca Reno has chocolate! Good job ladies, way to get back in the saddle:)
  • vauleese
    Options
    I'm right here with ya girl! I fell off the health wagon for 3 days (I admit that I should have known better then to hit up A&W no matter how long ago it was since I had one of their burgers and rootbeer but I did it anyway) and now I'm working on staying back on it! We both made unhealthy choices but no one is going to hold it against us so why should we? We've taken the first step and admited that what we did was a derailing of all of our hard work and determination. So we move forward! Keep your chin up!
  • bandchick
    Options
    I think of the day as a bad bowling game. My coach would also say forget about the last one and focus on the new one. If you want to lose weight you will cause you will find a way to get back on track. I have been through the same thing. Believe it or not i keep cookie dough in my fridge and every day have a little bite to feed the sweet tooth but not go over. Try it sometime.