Can someone give me a website to find my body type?

Options
2»

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You're a pear. A bunch of people are going to tell you hourglass (But then, they tell everyone hourglass. I think people just like that word) but the difference between your bust and hips is just a touch too much to be so.

I don't think 2" is enough to differentiate between a hourglass and a pear for someone who still has a substantial amount of weight to lose. We don't know where she's already lost fat and where she's genetically programmed to hang on to it the longest. It's fairly common for people to lose from the top down. I did, and qualified as a pear for a while before reaching goal as a slightly top heavy ruler by the time the belly flab was gone.

It is.

And I assumed (and the OP can correct me if I'm wrong) she asking about the body she has now, (hence giving the measurements she has now) not about the body she may have however far into the future. And right now she is a pear. I started as an hourglass, now I'm pear, maybe I'll be an hourglass again but I'm no more going to buy items to flatter a figure I *might* have one day than I'm going to buy jeans that I *might* fit into one day.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    bump
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    You're a pear. A bunch of people are going to tell you hourglass (But then, they tell everyone hourglass. I think people just like that word) but the difference between your bust and hips is just a touch too much to be so.

I don't think 2" is enough to differentiate between a hourglass and a pear for someone who still has a substantial amount of weight to lose. We don't know where she's already lost fat and where she's genetically programmed to hang on to it the longest. It's fairly common for people to lose from the top down. I did, and qualified as a pear for a while before reaching goal as a slightly top heavy ruler by the time the belly flab was gone.
    She's looking for clothing ideas. I assume she wants to dress in the body she currently has, which is a pear.

And hourglasses tend to keep their proportions regardless of weight. It's a trait of that particular body type.

2" may be a lot when you're lean, but it's less than a 5% difference at her current weight. If she's looking for clothing ideas she may find that the 10" difference between her bust and her waist has more of visual impact.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I just tried 4 different websites, and they gave me 4 different answers. From banana to apple, to mesomorph and endomorph. I personally think they're a bunch of hooey.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Oh, I've said I was an hourglass before but I didn't realize it's gotten so technical now :D Maybe I'm not.

If they had a category for very wide shoulders and enormous rib cage, that'd help me the most. My boobs and butt are big compared to many girls, but the shoulders and ribs are what influence my overall proportions in clothes the most, I think.

I think I just go with a bit 'stocky'. Or Viking like! That works :)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I'm a guard rail post or rain barrel. My sister is more of a Michelob bottle. Hubby was a beachball on stilts but he's lost weight so now he's a semi-deflated beachball on stilts. A formerly skinny friend is becoming a snake that swallowed an egg in retirement. Another friend refers to herself as a bale of hay with the end wires cut.
  • beccaniles
    beccaniles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a guard rail post or rain barrel. My sister is more of a Michelob bottle. Hubby was a beachball on stilts but he's lost weight so now he's a semi-deflated beachball on stilts. A formerly skinny friend is becoming a snake that swallowed an egg in retirement. Another friend refers to herself as a bale of hay with the end wires cut.

I have absolutely nothing to add to this discussion. I just wanted to say that, @roundgal, you just made coffee shoot out my nose.
    And for that, I give you 10 points.
  • ichoose2believe
    ichoose2believe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Haha... and people look at me weird when i say I am an overstuffed hobbit.