kind of new-just now getting serious

Options
Hello,

My name is Lauren, I'm 23 and live in Kansas. I used to weight train and run 3 miles everyday, at my peak I was lifting 300 lbs with my legs and 145 lbs bench pressing, weighed 120 lbs and was in a size 4. I got married moved to Kansas (I'm originally from Florida) and gained 55-60 lbs.! Talk about depressing! Anyway I'm tired of well...being tired, out of shape, and just plain not healthy. Before my last successful weight loss I weighed about 150 lbs, so I know that with a lot of will power and determination you can truly do anything. I joined this website last October because I thought that I was ready to be healthy again, well I hadn't really made the commitment to myself yet, and I must admit you need to be healthy for yourself-if you don't do it for yourself and try to do it for someone else it will not work. I am now in the right mindset and am ready to change. I know with your support and cheer leading I will succeed again.

Thank you in advance for your comments and support,
Lauren

P.S. I promise to check in regularly.

Replies

• Lskid85
    Lskid85 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Lauren, I'm 23 and live in Kansas. I used to weight train and run 3 miles everyday, at my peak I was lifting 300 lbs with my legs and 145 lbs bench pressing, weighed 120 lbs and was in a size 4. I got married moved to Kansas (I'm originally from Florida) and gained 55-60 lbs.! Talk about depressing! Anyway I'm tired of well...being tired, out of shape, and just plain not healthy. Before my last successful weight loss I weighed about 150 lbs, so I know that with a lot of will power and determination you can truly do anything. I joined this website last October because I thought that I was ready to be healthy again, well I hadn't really made the commitment to myself yet, and I must admit you need to be healthy for yourself-if you don't do it for yourself and try to do it for someone else it will not work. I am now in the right mindset and am ready to change. I know with your support and cheer leading I will succeed again.

Thank you in advance for your comments and support,
    Lauren

P.S. I promise to check in regularly.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Welcome!!! And I wish you the best of luck! Let us know how we can help!!:flowerforyou:
  • tamifanny
    tamifanny Posts: 113
    Options
    Let's hang in there...once you get your groove on it will just take off. I'm in the same boat:tongue: I feel the groove coming on hahhaaa.
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    it's all about you. just keep checking in with yourself (and us- cause we're fun to talk to)
    you're going to do great!
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I know the feeling, I was size 5 all my life. I danced on championship teams, and then I got married. And then had 2 kids, and was at a loss on how to lose the weight, because I never had to worry about it. But I think you are right, you have to commit to yourself. I am thinking I am finally at that point. I miss me!!! I feel like I am stuck in this foreign body. Good Luck!!!