Honeycrisp apples

Options
They are so delicious! If you haven't had one, you're missing out. So sweet and juicy.. Good source of fiber too. Just wanted you all to know the best apple out there

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Best apple ever!
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I agree! Love, love, love them.
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    These are my favorite, too. Unfortunately, we are no longer seeing them in local stores. Galas are still here and I like them with peanut butter. Pretty soon we'll be down to the mushy, over-waxed ones, though. :frown:
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Yep! My fave apple by far :) I sometimes slice and peel them, sauté them in just the tiniest bit of butter, sprinkle with just a bit of brown sugar and cinnamon. It's like a mini-apple pie without all the calories. SO good. Oh! and it makes an amazing topping for oatmeal.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Our grocery just got them in for the season..... Love them!!!
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Cortland is one of the best ever.

Gala is good.

Honey crisp is right at the top.

One I usta dearly love was WOLF RIVER.......they are gigantic. ONE Apple is enough to make a 10 inch Apple Pie

OMG I sooooooooo love fruits...Apples top the list
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I tried one a month or so ago and was underwhelmed. Gala is my default but when Fujis are abundant and cost-comparable, I'll all over them.... they're sweet enough to be a dessert!

*ETA: Just bought a 5# bag of each last week. Apples don't last long around here.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    Jazz apples rock my socks off too... i think honeycrisp is the same as our pink lady! Which are delicious!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I mastered them on FarmVille

I agree, they are yummy!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    As far as I know we don't have them in Australia or at least where I live. Dying to try one though since so many keep talking about it and I'm not even mad on apples. Pink lady is the best here I think.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I love them!
  • MrsRosenow
    MrsRosenow Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Eating one right now actually!
  • lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Pink lady and Jazz are close seconds :)
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    There is another apple out that is very similar in taste as Honeycrips but is available earlier in the season.

Zestar - they look alot like honeycrisp and taste awesome!

zestar.jpg

I picked up a couple lbs yesterday at the farmers market and they are AMAZNIG!! I like it because its a softer flesh than most apples out today and its sweet and juicy just like the honeycrips.

Oh... and they are definitely CHEAPER than honeycrisp too!
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    They are the best. Every fall i look forward to them, eat tons and then eat no apples through the winter because i can't get fresh honeycrisps.
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yes!! So glad that they are back!!! Best apple around!! Tried Envy....they are okay..just not the same!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Where? Where! I need some : ) So glad they are back in season
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I recently switched to Fuji after a lifetime of Red Delicious ... how does Honeycrisp compare to Fuji?
  • lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I recently switched to Fuji after a lifetime of Red Delicious ... how does Honeycrisp compare to Fuji?

I think honeycrisp are much juicier than Fuji.. Super sweet too
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Yep! My fave apple by far :) I sometimes slice and peel them, sauté them in just the tiniest bit of butter, sprinkle with just a bit of brown sugar and cinnamon. It's like a mini-apple pie without all the calories. SO good. Oh! and it makes an amazing topping for oatmeal.

The orchard across the street from us grows honeycrisps but I've never tried one-going to pick up some tomorrow and try them this way, since I don't like apples by themselves, but I love fruit in my oats :happy: We're in the middle of apple season here and this year as it winds down I'm going to buy two bushels and then keep them out on my three season porch. With our cold MI winters they should keep for quite a while (I hope lol).