I'm back... and ashamed

Options
124»

Replies

• ridicpt
    Options
    Hey Erik - don't get discouraged! Happens to the best of us, and there are definitely a lot of yoyo dieters out there too (i.e. me!!).

Glad to see you're back; you've got a full support system here - I know you can do it!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to all of you.

Hope this time you find what works FOR YOU.

There are multiple paths up this mountain, and you'll figure out what will work for you for the rest of your lives.

Do you have any new insights to help you along?

Best of luck!
  • stuj019
    Options
    Been there too , forget the past and look forward to the future day by day. Good Luck
  • ErikN
    ErikN Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks again to all you nice folks. It really does help!
  • firedroplet82
    Options
    me too, I went down to 180 but I creeped back up to 195, I am trying to find the motivation again and it is very difficult especially now that it is getting colder
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Don't feel ashamed we have all been there I know I have. You can do this and welcome back, I love mfp lost weight regained some now losing again. We can do this.
  • icmytoes
    icmytoes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did similarly and understand the shame, but the shame did not help me. I am just starting again too. I have decided to let go of the shame. What is, is just what is. You are at a new beginning with a lot more understanding of how your body works and what makes you happy and what doesn't. The regained weight does not serve me well, but it has been transformed into motivation to lose the weight again with the knowledge that I will not let this happen again. I have more energy when I weigh less and feel better about myself. You too will change the way you eat and the results will have you feeling better in a short time. Best wishes. I am going to send you a friend request, we can do this together - with others who understand.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    ...but you're back - that's what matters!!! :-D
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yup...me too! Every time I lose, and it's not that much-usually 8-10 pounds, then I think I'm all set and can ease up on logging, etc. I don't know why I am continually surprised when the weight all comes back...plus more!!

Starting today... AGAIN!!

Looking for others to help motivate and give me a dose of reality when I fall off the wagon again.

~allie0630
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    "You not a failure cuz you failed, you're only a failure if you quit trying."
  • irismstroup
    irismstroup Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You're back.. that's what counts!. keep trying you did it before and can do it again even better this time from learning the error of your ways. Good Luck and don't be hard on yourself.
  • SugarQueen_x
    Options
    You can do it!!! :heart:
  • davadoto
    davadoto Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    ErikN, the first step is acknowledging the problem, and so you have. It' s hard losing weight and even harder keeping it off , or so it is for me. I've blogged about this 11 months ago ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/davadoto/view/another-fresh-start-439727 ) but I've had to do it all over again in the last 3 months. Whatever you do, don' t stay away from the scale for more then a month.
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    No reason to be ashamed. The good part is you know what works for you and what doesn't. Welcome back :happy:
  • davadoto
    davadoto Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    ErikN, the first step is acknowledging the problem, and so you have. It' s hard losing weight and even harder keeping it off , or so it is for me. I've blogged about this 11 months ago ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/davadoto/view/another-fresh-start-439727 ) but I've had to do it all over again in the last 3 months. Whatever you do, don' t stay away from the scale for more then a month.
    PS: I waited to lose some of the weight I had gained back before coming back to MFP..was to ashamed (It took me twice as long then when I used MFP). So you see, you are smarter then I am, you got passed that and came right back where you had great tools and support.
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    At least you knew where to come to get yourself back on track!! Welcome back.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Never look back unless you are planning on going that way. You got this :)
    love this!:drinker:
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Add me to that ........lost 70, down to a size 6!!!! gained it alllll back. Grrrrr....
    This time has to be the last time. !
  • ChildofBloom
    Options
    Welcome back!