Meals that are low carb and higher in calories.

Options
I recently just changed my carb goal to 100g. I was eating way over 200g a day so adjusting has brought me to under-eating calorie wise which I know isn't healthy. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any meals that are low in carbs but higher in calories. I usually can eat around 1003 calories without going over but I need to get to at least 1600. Thanks for your time. :)

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    A good way is to add lean proteins and healthier fats to your diet. Olive oils, some cheeses, etc.

ETA: Is there any reason why you lowered your carbs?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Is there a particular reason you're wanting to eat fewer carbs?
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    A good way is to add lean proteins and healthier fats to your diet. Olive oils, some cheeses, etc.

ETA: Is there any reason why you lowered your carbs?

Yeah because I think it will help me with losing weight. Just something to try, that's all. Thanks for the tips.
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I recently just changed my carb goal to 100g. I was eating way over 200g a day so adjusting has brought me to under-eating calorie wise which I know isn't healthy. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any meals that are low in carbs but higher in calories. I usually can eat around 1003 calories without going over but I need to get to at least 1600. Thanks for your time. :)

Avocados - chop up & put on salad or in soup. Stuff with cream cheese, or shredded chicken & some monterrey jack & bake. I like to eat chicken salad or tuna salad on a chopped up avocado.

I love avocados & eat them regularly. They will definitely get your calories up!

As will spinach with a cream sauce & a little parmesan sprinkled on it.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options

Avocados - chop up & put on salad or in soup. Stuff with cream cheese, or shredded chicken & some monterrey jack & bake. I like to eat chicken salad or tuna salad on a chopped up avocado.

I love avocados & eat them regularly. They will definitely get your calories up!

As will spinach with a cream sauce & a little parmesan sprinkled on it.

Yeah, I love avocado. Just haven't been able to get my hands on any lately. Thanks for you tips. ^^
  • LaDolceVita5
    Options
    Hi Benefitting, Try out Dr. Atkin's cookbook, Atkin's for life. There are many low carb higher calorie foods in there. My fav is the paprika chicken - the whole fam enjoys it.