I was an MFP success story, NOTE WAS ......

Options
HI I'm Debbie 47 from UK and have been on here a few years. I got to goal was as fit as a fiddle, ran a half marathon and then I changed my life beyond all recognition and in the process completely and utterly lost my way with health and fitness.
It is time for my hedonistic ways to get lost and to re-find the hit I used to get from weightloss and fitness.
I want to lose over 40lbs but mostly I want to get fitter, I am at the stage where I cannot run for busses, I grunt when I put on my socks and shoes and I am fed up with it.
Please add me if you would like to join me in getting fit take 2. I have a small circle of MFPals who are brilliant but more the merrier. I swear a lot and have a warped sense of humour if you are easily offended give me a body swerve (big turning circle required at the mo)

Replies

• kathyrazz
    kathyrazz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome back. Our histories are about the same, I'm 49, our goals are the same, our starting and ending weights are...yep, the same! :-) I didn't lose weight with MFP the first time, but aside from that...and an ocean away...we could be clones. :-)

I just finished 1/2 Marathon #2..at a slower pace even than my first one, but currently still weigh 166 (in the spring I was 174). My goal is to hit 132. I won't be the fastest loser there ever was, but hopefully will be able to take off a couple of pounds a month.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    hey me too...was an MFP success prior to myself having a baby and then another after I had my baby and now it's the third time. I'd love more support!!!
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • nancydhu
    nancydhu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie,
    Glad you're back!!! You can do this! We all need to support each other...it's not easy but worth it!

Nancy
  • Jrunner
    Jrunner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm horrible. I loose weight when I use FP but I don't keep up with it. For some reason I think I can do it on my own. I enjoy fitness, but my routine can never stay the same. Suddenly, I have to wake up at 4:30 am to get a good workout in instead of doing a lunch time workout and that is a hard habit to get into. My eating has improved...however, don't look at my breakfast from today. I have yet to get to my goal. I'm 5'4 @ 163. I want to loose 30lbs. But most importantly, I want to compete in the Tough Mudder, another 1/2 marathon, and another full marathon. So all the support would be awesome! I just had breast surgery done on Sept 12th so I am off to a real slow start :(
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Amazing, you took my story and put your name on it!!!! :laugh:

FR sent
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I'm a second-timer and I did even better the second time than I did the first. I've been on maintenance since May of last year. Last time I didn't take maintenance seriously. The second time I did and I still am. Welcome back.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Never too late to chase that bus down and catch it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bluesy8899
    bluesy8899 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good for you in getting up again. I can't count the number of times I have gotten fitter only to have a setback that turned semi-permanent. I am taking ti one day at a time with an eye on the big picture. Feel free to add me!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I agree. My year has actually sucked but I am hanging in here. Add me if you like. I have been told I am warped also.