back...again ! :)

Options
It's been almost a year since I used myfitnesspal to track calories and I was losing quite well alone until recently. Have somewhat fallen offtrack recently and thought maybe getting back into calorie tracking and checking in with some friends here might help me lose the rest of what I'd like to lose.

Anyone want to be friends ? I could use a good kick in the pants at the moment to get myself back in gear. I had lost nearly 30 lbs since April and I'm around the halfway mark of what I'd like to lose but could use some accountability friends. :)

I'm not sure if I'm somewhat self-sabataging at this point because I was doing really well and starting to get attention for my weightloss and the last three weeks have been somewhat of a binge. Ever happen to you?

Replies

• ShadeBlossom
    ShadeBlossom Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm somewhat self-sabataging at this point because I was doing really well and starting to get attention for my weightloss and the last three weeks have been somewhat of a binge. Ever happen to you?

Hi! Welcome back. :)

This hasn't happened to me YET, but I'm kind of afraid it will. I am sort of a shy person to begin with and I don't really like direct attention. So, while I want the sort of body that would get me that attention, I dread it actually happening. (Which, I know, make no sense what-so-ever. This is one of the reasons why I'm in therapy. :P)

Add me if you like. I'm here every day... usually several times a day. And good luck with your new start!
  • sbrown227
    sbrown227 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, but glad you're back. I went on a 2-month binge and realized that my body wasn't feeling right. So I know what you mean.

I sent you a friend invite.
  • specialimpulse
    Options
    I am trying this site for the first time and I have problems with binge eating and comfort eating, they were patterns I picked up growing up in an abusive home. So change these patterns is a day by day, sometimes moment by moment battle. Like right now I am doing a cleansing fast on grapefruit and green tea and its like a constant battle with the head and the stomach, but I am accomplishing it moment by moment!
  • EL2EL1
    EL2EL1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am going to add you. I like having friends on here to help motivate and encourage me. :-)
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :)

MFP is awesome platform having amazing peoples. Feel free to add me if you like for mutual support & motivation !!
  • SUNKELLY
    SUNKELLY Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I went on a 2 week binge & I am finally eating healthy again. Yes, I am an emotional eater & I don't want to yo-yo diet anymore. I have sent you a friend invite.
  • cindi0856
    cindi0856 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Shannon, I am on most every day.. good and bad, if you want to add me, I will chat, if you do! lol
  • SaraAnnR81
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck! Almost all of us have been there, props to you for getting back on the wagon! :)
  • halfwayto100
    halfwayto100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back!! I too am returning after falling off the wagon for the summer. I started with a goal of losing 100 and have been able to maintain a 65lbs loss while away. Lets motivate each other to get back on track and see our goals through to the end :)
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Hi.. I'm fairly new myself.. I log daily and I'm meeting friends that share encouragement and hope. Add me if you'd like to and we can do the same.
  • Italia2229
    Italia2229 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Awesome for coming back. Good luck on meeting your goals!! Would love to make new motivating friends. Please feel free to add me, that goes out to everyone.
  • cpacan
    cpacan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
    It's great to use MFP as an accountability tool - I lost almost 38 lbs using it. Then I stopped logging and Bam... gained 20 lbs in no time. I just started logging again and with 5 lbs lost, I feel I'm on the right track again, but still some work and fighting to do.

So, stay on track, keep logging untill you're "safe" - feel free to add me if you like, it's always nice to have someone to encourage you on your way.
  • Nick5141
    Options
    I'm new here too, but I've been exercising for months now. I've been wanting to get lazy to and break my diet but I just think about a girl I like which motivates me to keep going xD

I guess my weekend cheats kinda helps me to keep going to, weekdays I stick to a strict diet of no more than 1,600 calories. But weekends is my time to pigout, which isn't bad, I've done it since I started and I've lost about 40 pounds since May, so I guess it doesn't hurt :)