Where/When did you first see a change??

Few days/ weeks into your weightloss Journey what were the first changes you saw that made you sure that Yes things were finally working and you were losing.

Where did you lose inches first or what were the early signs of weight loss? :smile:

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Honestly, the first place I saw it was my face. I was looking in the bathroom mirror at work. I had probably lost 20+ lbs by then.
  • nessie80
    nessie80 Posts: 1 Member
    well I too am interested to hear others comments as I have lost 9lb so far and hubby says he can def see it in my face but I don't really see/feel it yet. I cant wait to feel a change for the better :smile:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Face was the first and that's cool with me. I don't like a fat face. It looks terrible on me. :tongue:
  • I knew my arms were getting smaller after about 10lbs. I can still remember that switch in my brain flicked when I realised I wasn't a 'fat girl' anymore. I genuinely cried and tried on ALL the clothes I never used to fit into! I'll always remember that moment. Good luck in your journey :flowerforyou:
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    my waist quite quickly shrunk by almost 3 inches. its the hips and thighs i want gone more!! i know those will be the last place my fat comes from as i've always carried more fat there.
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    I knew my arms were getting smaller after about 10lbs. I can still remember that switch in my brain flicked when I realised I wasn't a 'fat girl' anymore. I genuinely cried and tried on ALL the clothes I never used to fit into! I'll always remember that moment. Good luck in your journey :flowerforyou:

wow... I cant even imagine that happening to me right now... but if it would i would too cry so much... :) I have a whole bunch of clothes i have kept aside just to wear When i actually do lose weight! :)
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Face was the first and that's cool with me. I don't like a fat face. It looks terrible on me. :tongue:
    You do look amazing now!
  • withoutaname
    withoutaname Posts: 64 Member
    My waist suddenly dropped a lot of cm's. Also my collarbones became more prominent, and also my arms and thighs.
  • Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    After around 2 months of training somewhat seriously (not counting 2 first monthes of f*kin around at the gym, not knowing what i was doing, even it still got me 4 % BF down)

Saw kind of definition in shoulders, than chest, pecs, after that face
  • alichristiana
    alichristiana Posts: 76 Member
    9 pounds in and there's a slight change in my face and an inch lost from my hips :)
    Not sure about my waist yet, unfortunately, I've been a little too flattering when measuring that.
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    I'm only 12lbs down so far, but the biggest change I see is in my shoulders, back, and collar bone area. My backrolls are becoming smoother and there is a hint of definition to my collar bones again. I've always had a broad frame so I KNOW i'm getting way too heavy when I start looking doughy around my shoulders, hahaha. Oddly enough, I've yet to lose a millimeter from my waist or hips but I have faith they will follow suit soon enough..
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Second week I started working out. I saw it in my waist. That's one thing that I like about being a shorty (5'2"). A little bit is noticeable. Of course that goes both ways, but it's nice when it's going down.
  • thomakg
    thomakg Posts: 69 Member
    Face (ugh) for sure - but just noticed that I don't look quite as thick from the side - and I think I see some hip bones under there somewhere...
  • Fittingitforever
    Fittingitforever Posts: 106 Member
    I knew my arms were getting smaller after about 10lbs. I can still remember that switch in my brain flicked when I realised I wasn't a 'fat girl' anymore. I genuinely cried and tried on ALL the clothes I never used to fit into! I'll always remember that moment. Good luck in your journey :flowerforyou:

I totally started pulling out all my old, smaller clothes when I realized my jeans were ridiculously baggy. It sure felt good!
  • newnosipho
    newnosipho Posts: 49 Member
    Waist, arms and breasts, about a month into my new diet but no exercise. I have been told that my face also seems smaller but I don't see it. I should mention that I am pear-shaped. My bottom half is almost still the same size, even though I've started exercising
  • chuckles71
    chuckles71 Posts: 15 Member
    About week 2 noticed a change in my face.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    At 180 pounds after 20 pound loss. After 2 months. I started slowly.
  • jenpet1980
    jenpet1980 Posts: 18 Member
    For me it was noticable in my face first, And neck. I have a necklace that I wear constantly used to hang nicley in the middle of my upper chest/neck area, it has slowly made its way into my cleavage. My mid section and bum were next to be noticed.
  • enidite
    enidite Posts: 92 Member
    I'm down 30 pounds and some people say they can tell, but I still can't see a difference despite having dropped a couple of sizes :( . But I have a lot of weight to lose.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!