BIGOREXIA- Issues with feeling too skinny/small HELP!

Options
Hi All, ive been on and off MFP for a while now due to being busy traveling and so on..

Since i was young i have always been skinny, especially the top half of my body.
My family gave me (and still continue) to give me a hard time about it, constantly telling me to eat more.. etc

I weigh 51 kilos now...

When i look in the mirror i feel much skinnier than what i actually am.
Its stressed me out so bad recently to the point that i have lost 7 kilos, not from dieting or not eating, just from not having a big appetite due to stress and skipping meals.

Im sick of feeling skinny and i want to bulk up! I want big muscles and i want to be a healthy weight.

Does anyone else feel this way? No matter how much weight i have gained in the past (last year i was my heaviest at 58kilos) i still felt so gross and skinny. Its an obsession that is driving me nuts!

Im now trying to stick to a 2300 calorie minimum per day plus weight training to get the body i want.

Id love to talk to anyone feeling the same or anyone who can give me advice on how to gain healthy weight and not feel so bad about how i look right now.

You may look at my photos and think there is nothing wrong, but thats not how i feel :( Why cant i just look at myself and be motivated to improve? Feeling helpless ..

I need some motivation!
Thanks for reading!

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    First of all I have to say you look amazing!! Certainly don't look skinny, lots of lean muscle and wow what a booty!

I doubt putting on more weight or muscle will change your mindset, as this is where your problem lies, you need to change how you see yourself. I'm sure alot of it is to do with people telling you your skinny and to eat more, please stop listening to them. Tell them you don't want their opinion and to stop telling you what to do...then ignore them if they continue.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    It second the above post....you have a killer body. You certainly do not look to skinny :) and wow I want your booty. But like you said its a thought ingrained in your mind. I hope someone can offer you some advice.
  • Jacqueline86Chavez
    Options
    It second the above post....you have a killer body. You certainly do not look to skinny :) and wow I want your booty. But like you said its a thought ingrained in your mind. I hope someone can offer you some advice.

Thanks for the support. I just dont know how to change my mindset.. thats the hardest part i suppose.
  • Jacqueline86Chavez
    Options
    First of all I have to say you look amazing!! Certainly don't look skinny, lots of lean muscle and wow what a booty!

I doubt putting on more weight or muscle will change your mindset, as this is where your problem lies, you need to change how you see yourself. I'm sure alot of it is to do with people telling you your skinny and to eat more, please stop listening to them. Tell them you don't want their opinion and to stop telling you what to do...then ignore them if they continue.

Thanks. But weight gain is the ultimate goal, i logged my food diary today and still under my calorie goal, i find it hard to get such a big appetite without eating junk food, im still trying to stay healthy
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Thanks. But weight gain is the ultimate goal, i logged my food diary today and still under my calorie goal, i find it hard to get such a big appetite without eating junk food, im still trying to stay healthy

How about some cheese, nuts or avocado, you don't need to eat much for a high calorie content. I'm forever eating cheese to make up cals lol!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I have never come across anyone else with this problem- I know EXACTLY what you mean. I am always getting comments about my slim body, but I feel kind of... undeveloped. I am a healthy weight- 147lbs at 5'8.5, and I have decent muscles, but I still feel skinny.
    I know its just a skewed image I have of myself, like others have the opposite problem ie, still feel like they look fat even after losing 100lbs.
    I don't know the solution. But I can relate to the problem. Currently I am cutting bf, and I ask my hubby. Every other day "am I getting too thin?" He says not, but I will be happier when I start to bulk and fill out again!

Its a conundrum. We want to fill our clothes with a shape without being fat amirite?