Any fabulous NSVs to share?

Options
2»

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    Everyone's comments remind me of so many things.

- Getting up from my chair, instead of making my DH fetch something for me.
    - Being able to step up and down the curb instead of looking for a ramp.
    - Sitting down without fearing the chair will break (big one).
    - My boss noticing first that I move quicker now at work, then me realizing that I move like a "normal" person now. (When did that happen?)
    - Taking steps (shower, wet pavement, etc.) and not worrying about losing my balance and falling.
    - Rushing to catch the shuttle (used to try to "shuffle" as "fast" as possible & end up watching as it went by).
    - Being able to stand while talking to someone, instead of looking for a chair, leaning or holding on to something.
    - Thinking about going to concerts without worrying if there is seating.
    - Walking easily between cars in a garage without having to sidle sideways to squeeze through.
    - Not fitting in my work chair because the armrests were not next to my body; followed by: fitting in my work chair because my body and arms both fit inside the armrests.
    - Not filling up the seat of an upholstered chair - not hanging over the sides of a kitchen chair.
    - Asking work to get cushions for the hard wood kitchen chairs and being called "bony butt" (with a smile).
    - People looking me in the eye now when they casually/comfortably say "Good Morning" and sound sincere.
    - Tripping and being able to catch myself and avoid falling. (Not walking as carefully = more chances to trip = no big deal.)
    - Only buying ONE airline seat ticket.
    - Being amazed at how big my car is inside, and how far away the steering wheel is from my belly.
    - Having energy to do things again.
    - My DH hugging me, saying "you're so skinny" and meaning it (nicely) even though I'm still 80 pounds overweight.
    - My MIL complimenting me on my appearance... often.
    - Walking again... Long walks, short walks, not thinking about it, just walking.
    - Looking at people's shadows and realizing mine is straight up-and-down like theirs are (just a wee bit wider).
    - Having my clothes hang straight.
    - Fitting normal shoe widths.
    - Coworker telling me to quit wearing a jacket 'cuz it's too big.
    - Realizing I look dumpy because the clothes don't fit anymore.
    - Ordering clothes a size too small and having them fit when they arrive (oops).
    - Taking up five links in my MedicAlert bracelet to keep it from falling off.
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Fit into a size 1/2 pants today! Back in March I was at a 9/10 so Im pretty darn happy Ive gotten this far. Also cleaned out my closet and donated a bunch of stuff to goodwill.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I have to keep pulling up my sz sm shorts. Will likely need xs soon.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I was riding my bicycle by my daughter's high school on the way to the gym the other day.

There was a whole gym class walking across the street in tight formation from the football field. As I found a spot pedal between the tight formation, my daughter yells "Hi, Dad!".

When she got home, she promptly told me how the talk of the class was how "buff" & "ripped" Chief was.
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Keep forgetting to wear a belt to work, and pants coming tenuously close to falling down . . .

Friend told me yesterday that I look significantly slimmer.

:)
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I was kinda embarrassed and upset when my track pants (that I got when I started working out) started sliding down my hips at the gym and the bottoms swept the floor. Then it occurred to me that I've been losing inches!! YAY!
  • Sparkle_Princess
    Options
    I joined the gym about 4 weeks ago and could barely leg press 20 kg well yesterday on the encouragement of a good MFP pal I leg pressed 45kg (100lbs) :bigsmile:

also went to buy some new horseriding gear, needed a size smaller in jodphurs and medium shirts!! I was wearing XL shirts and sz 18 jodphurs. will need 14's by the end of the year :smile:
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I fit into my Monkees 20th Anniversary concert t shirt from 1986 when I was 18 years old!!! :bigsmile:
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My fabolous NSV at this point is being able to wear L size clothes. That means that I can go to any store and find nice things. Around here only H&M and C&A carry big sizes, so buying clothes was restrictive until this weight loss.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Person at the gym asking if I'm here to GAIN WEIGHT! Was a first, I laughed for a good 5 minutes, trying to catch my breath.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I brought a size 10 (UK, for US people size 6) jumper today :)
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    As of this week I fit a size X-Large t-shirt. When I started, I wore a baggy size 5- X to hide my belly! (-;

Wonderful! That such a great feeling, isn't it?

Yes Girl! It sure is a great feeling! (-:
  • misterperversion
    Options
    As I was reading this thread it reminded me to try on some jeans.
    I just fit comfortably in my next smaller size jeans.
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I went from an XL shirt and size 16 in April to a L shirt and size 13 now.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    This is an odd one as I have worn the same size shoe since I was about 12 years old ... you know only about 10 years ago :wink: .... anyway, I'm now consistently wearing a smaller size with my weight loss.