30 day shred. Sept 30. You in?

Options

Replies

• newnosipho
    newnosipho Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Please count me in! I have completed Day 6 Level 1 but could really use the support and motivation. I am currently using 1.5kg weights, but will increase as I get stronger. I will be taking 2 rest days a week. I do a twenty minute yoga routine after every workout
  • dianasustaita37
    dianasustaita37 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This will be my first time also, but count me in. :smile:
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I always say i'm going to do it but halfway through the videos, I get tired of hearing her talk.
    Maybe I'll try again.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Im in. I would really like to finish this time.
  • thekeelster
    thekeelster Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna join you ladles if that's ok?! I ordered it online after another of my friends on here said about it, and gonna give it a go tomorrow I think! I'm doing 5:2 at the mo so won't be able to do every day as need to eat to work out!
  • Lexus1920
    Options
    I'd like to join! I actually started this on 9/23 but need some motivation to keep me from giving up. I am on level 1 day 4 (yes, skipped a few days) and didn't eat well this week. This group is just what I needed!
  • LaurieLynn
    LaurieLynn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of level 1 today, I can just about do it all without stopping to just walk! I am not doing it everyday, I day I walked another I did stationary bike.
  • georgiamae1991
    Options
    im on to day 3 today. sore as anything as i have been going to going guerilla training but i will be pushing through, at the minute ive had to use tins of beans etc as the weights as i have no handweights, but on my day off on tuesday im off to grab some proper ones! measured myself last night and excited to see the end results!!
  • beckyfirman
    beckyfirman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too. Will need to do mine very early before I leave for work so early night for me tonight! Looking forward to supporting each other :-)
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! This is my first time doing the 30DS...any advice?
  • stickytapir
    Options
    I just completed day 1. Oh man, it's good and bad. Good as in I feel so energised after and I sweat heaps (I actually had sweat roll onto my eyes!). Bad in that it's definitely challenging for me and I was tempted to give up at the half way point, but pushed through, because damnit I want those results :laugh: I live a very sedentary lifestyle so I knew this was going to be hard for me

I couldn't go at the pace that the girls were going, so I slowed down. Better to maintain correct technique rather than hurt myself. I couldn't do all the cardio components today to their fullest or for the whole time (that's where the frequent 5 second rests were happening.). Can't believe how much I started to sweat when I was doing those crunches!

Anyway, a little bit tired after the workout, but I made it through and hope I can keep it up!
  • TRIXIE_77
    TRIXIE_77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll join - I just did it for the first time today.

It was quite hard! Looking forward to the day when it's easier.
  • virgosa89
    Options
    youtube is blocked in my country :( ... is there any other website where i can find the related videos ?
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    youtube is blocked in my country :( ... is there any other website where i can find the related videos ?
    Not that I know of. Can you buy it? It is very cheap here to buy.

Holy cow, I just finished level 2 day 1 and it was hard! My knees have been very much in pain since around level 1 day 5. This level 2 was so hard on my knees. I have to really modify some of the moves. And the rest, even if they didn't kill my knees they were so hard. I wanted to give up, and I admit I took a bunch of 2 second breaks, but I pushed through.
  • stickytapir
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the knee pain :( Don't feel bad if you need to stop the challenge because your knees are hurting. It's best to make sure you don't injure yourself. I know it'd be a major bummer to have to stop due to injury, but best to not aggravate it any further! I had some friends tell me before I started that the shred can be rough on the knees if you're prone to that, which I am, so I'm already taking steps to make sure I stop the second I feel any niggling pains. I can always switch to another exercise program if I need to if my knees become too sore!

With regards to finding it elsewhere, there are direct downloads and torrents available I'm sure, because it's such a popular program. If OP lives in a region where youtube is blocked, I'm imaging that the dvd is not going to be readily available to them :(
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    ^^ You are right, I know. My husband keeps telling me to stop because it is very hard for me to do the stairs now. My legs are fine. It isn't sore muscles (although I had those in the beginning). I have to hold on to the railing doing the stairs now (especially when I have the baby in my arms). I might take a few days off but I really don't want to. I am going to try and get into the doctor and see what he says. I am pretty suborn and I don't like to feel like I'm giving up.
  • hollygparr
    hollygparr Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I started last Monday. On day 5 now (took a rest yesterday!) wahoo
  • ArushiChand24
    Options
    I am SO glad i found this! I started last month but gave up. I need motivation to get through this! Feel free to add me :)
  • cmsincla
    cmsincla Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started 30 DS a couple weeks ago but have only really been doing it in between the days I don't have time to go out and run. Really want to get into this and stay on top of it to get through 30 consecutive days besides Sunday's day of rest. I alternate between 3lb and 5lb weights, depending on how sore my arms are from the last workout. Lets do this!!!!!
  • Blossomfitness
    Blossomfitness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i just joined mfp a few minutes ago and want to join in, but i don't know what the 30 day shred is.