I can't seem to stay under the *sugar* goal

Options
It's just 1pm and I'm already over on sugar... but I had a sugar free homemade muffin, 2 or 3 bites off a gluten free organic brownie and not even half a bottle of natural fruit flavored water while jogging + my organic cocoa soy beverage for after... said all at once, it seems like allot, but really it's not that much. And I haven't had any fruits yet, so I'm thinking eating one piece of grape will make it burst out of the roof haha...

How do you manage to stay under your sugar goal? Is it even possible?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1017237-so-what-s-with-this-sugar-then-faq may help.

Yes it's possible but the limit is questionable. Grapes and banana are the higher sugar fruits.
  • walleymama
    walleymama Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I don't.

And I don't care, because I'm sticking to my caloric goals and I'm losing weight and after trying to go sugar free for a couple of years I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to once again have sugar in my tea, to be able to enjoy oatmeal with brown sugar, and to eat delicious homemade cookies.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I don't track it....... Track Carbs, Proteins, and Fats, and watch my fiber beyond that I don't see the point.... Best of Luck
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I don't track sugar either. Too frustrating when a banana will put you over. Unless you have a health reason to track it, I'd suggest not doing so.
  • walkerkt00
    walkerkt00 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I removed my sugar goals so they don't make me feel like ****. I have very little refined sugar, VERY little; but I love to enjoy fruit and my green smoothies. I usually go over the second I have a green shake, but the nutrition of 2 cups of kale is my concern, not the sugar from the banana. I recently decided to track fibre instead, to make sure that I am eating enough good quality whole foods. Unless sugar is something you really need to track (i.e. you have a habit of consuming refined sugar and need to decrease this intake), take off the pressure.

If you plateau later, you can always start paying closer attention to your sugar to help you out.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I haven't tracked sugar ever, not refined or otherwise. On any given day, I am WAY over. It hasn't affected my weight loss one bit.
  • MzHornedOne
    MzHornedOne Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't track sugar that occurs naturally in fruit. I don't see the point in that.
    I do try and limit my refined sugar and any sugar in my drinks.

I use setiva in my coffee. It's a natural zero calorie sweetener.
  • rahul1987oct
    Options
    theres no point in going after sugar,just stick to plus minus 10% of your calorie goal and you will do fine.
    And if you are so worried about sugar then cut out on the muffins,and all kind of beverages drink plain water instead, its the healthiest drink.
    best of luck
  • emilychristinet
    Options
    Thanks for all of the answers. I don't take allot of refine sugar, so I,m not that worried, although I do enjoy my sea salt chocolate :) I'll try not to worry so much!!