What to do after a MAJOR cheat day?

Options

Replies

• DarrenM11
    DarrenM11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't beat myself up... it sounds like you have a lot going on. If you were due a cheat day and used it today that's fine. My advice would be to be aware that with all the sugar you will likely have some pretty strong cravings over the next few days as the sugar leaves your system. Just be aware that it will occur and then you can not fall prey to the cravings. I also try to do cardio for a few extra minutes for the rest of the week.
  • evviamarshall
    evviamarshall Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That is a lot of food, and definitely a MAJOR cheat day. But it is what it is. Drink plenty of water to flush your system and get back on it tomorrow. It's only okay to beat yourself up when you are also capable of encouraging yourself to get back up again and keep it moving :-)

If it were me, I would try and stay under my calorie goal everyday for the next week for sure just to balance things out.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    east very few calories the next day. just a couple hundred to get you through the day.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Carry on as normal, knowing you've given your body a moment of respite in a near-constant deficit.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Today I binged. I will say it. It was a bing.
    Throughout the day I ate

Sausage biscuit
    Pumpkin cupcake
    Baked chicken thigh and leg
    Broccoli
    Collard greens
    red velvet cake
    Apples and grapes
    Carmel cake
    2 puff pastries
    2 mini cake things
    Taco dip and chips
    Big in a blanket
    Chicken salad
    Humming bird cake
    Peach pie
    Chips
    Salsa
    Chicken strips (grilled)
    2 chips ahoy cookies
    More taco dip
    Pepperoni
    Salami
    Cheese
    Spinach dip
    Salad with a little thousand island
    Cheddar cheese chips

Yeah.....I'm about to explode. I feel horrible but today has been full of game day parties, bridal showers and cheer competitions. Even though I was full, I kept eating because my brain was saying "you've already screwed today up. Eat everything you want. It can be your cheat." But I wasn't planning on having a cheat because I gained a pound last week :(

Ugh! What should I do? I'm going to try to just eat really clean and stay away from the scale until least Wednesday to avoid me from having a total breakdown and how much that scales going to shoot up.

Holy cow, when you binge you don't muck around, do you? :D

Well - you've lost 77lb. I think you need to just chillax. :p Exactly how often do you party like there's no tomorrow?

If it was once a week I'd be concerned, so would you - you'd gain weight. But I suspect it doesn't happen very often.

If you're going to sin the very least you can do is enjoy it. Rub your agonised tummy, remember that cake and those sausages and so on, fondly, and with great joy. You had a massive party yesterday. And you had a good time. :)
  • kramalicious
    Options
    Damn, and I was beating myself up because I ate two cookies. That list sounds like a church picnic, to me LOL All my favorites, too, including hummingbird cake! Only thing you can do is not beat yourself up, and get back on the horse tomorrow.

You've lost 77 lbs so you are obviously doing it right. One day won't kill you.
    Nice going on the 77 lbs. I can't wait till my loss numbers show double digits!
  • jbushon
    Options
    At weight watchers they once told me that if you eat the same thing every day, and graph it, you would have a flat line. If you vary the amounts you eat, it actually is better. Then if you graph it it looks like a heartbeat. So one day with lots of calories will not kill you. It may even help shake up your system.
  • katiehrgovic
    katiehrgovic Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What to do after a cheat day/ binge?

Keep on going :smile:

One day isn't going to set back your goals that much.

Don't let it get it to you, just get back on your regular routine.

Maybe also try to work your "cheat" meals into your macros so you can eat them without feeling guilt. Enjoying foods is a part of life, and you deserve to eat the foods you enjoy without having to feel bad about it.
  • chris2267
    chris2267 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I get back to my normal diet the next day. Although I usually don't eat very much - high protein/high fat.
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Well, considering how much you ate, I would say poop alot!! LMFAO Why are you freaking? Unless you eat like this every day, I don't see the issue.
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Judging from your pictures maybe its time you stop looking at the scale so much. At this point are you still trying to lose weight?

Maybe your issue now might be something people here on mfp can't help you with. Just sayin.

I'm not trying to lose, but I'm sure not trying to gain, which I have. If anything I'm trying to lose the 2 pounds I've gained back.

What's your height and weight?

5'4 and 110. I used to be more toned and my stomachs muscles were more noticeable but after my weight gain, my stomach has become more flabby if that's the word.

Your weight gain? The 2 pounds? Made your stomach flabby?

So what? You had a day where you ate a lot. You only live once. Forget about it. Start tomorrow as usual.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Quitting is clearly the best option.
  • spookiefox
    Options
    I think you need to get right on the scale and face the consequences of binging. There is no such thing as cheating; you cheat yourself out of success, that's all. You have lost weight already, and you know exactly what to do. It's a life change not a diet. Good luck.

This might be the worst advice I've seen all day...
  • spookiefox
    Options
    Quitting is clearly the best option.

Quitting? Where did I say quit? I said it doesn't matter, because it's not like you can undo it. She's lost weight, so she clearly has a daily routine that supports a healthy weight. So you just accept that you can't undo today and go on with your life tomorrow.
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Listen at 5'4 110 you don't need to worry about 2 measly lbs. If you want to feel not so "flabby" then maybe go start doing strength training.

You will not weigh 110 lbs every day for the rest of your life and attempting to do so by beating yourself up may very well leave you with an ED.

Yep...

This ^
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    east very few calories the next day. just a couple hundred to get you through the day.

Or how about no?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Well, you have a few options.

Accept it and move on, staying the course.
    Eat a couple hundred calories below over the next several days to average it out.
    Increase your cardio/weight lifting activity to offset the calories injested.
    Or a combination of the above.

Also, it is important to address the underlying issue of WHY you binged if you do it with any frequency. Is your calorie goal too low? Are you restricting your foods and cut out your favorite treats completely? Lack of planning?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

Or how about no?

yes is better.

its a great way to minimize the damage from such a huge binge.
  • Road2One8
    Road2One8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I HAD THE SAME KIND OF DAY :"( OR MAY BE EVEN WORST ONCE I TOUCH A CHOCOLATE BAR EVERYTHING GOES TO HELL IN A HAND BASKET. I THINK THIS IS MORE OF A SERIOUS MATTER THOUGH NOT JUST SOMETHING I CAN DUST OFF AND WALK AWAY NO MATTER HOW MUCH I DUST IT IS GOING TO FOLLOW ME...I NEED JESUS HELP TO OVERCOME IT HOWEVER IT IS HARD TO GIVE IT UP :"(
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You look back at the delicious day you had and back to your calorie goals as normal.