Disapointed with a product and NEEDing some help!!!

Options
Vans
Vans Posts: 388 Member
Hello.
so I gave in and purchased Leanology by Trivita.
This constitutes a meal replacement shake a day and 4 pills.
I started about 4 weeks ago, have been drinking at least 3L of water and even working out everyday for minimum 60 min, with one day off.
I put ALLOT of effort in because I wanted the product to work and kick start the beginning to a new me.
my starting weight was 166
and now 4 weeks later im 172 :sad:
I am so disappointed.
I called the company today to get my money back because they said satisfaction guarantee....the lady on the phone proceeded to tell me I would have to pay to return anything that was left (which is only a few capsules because it is one months supply) if I wanted any kind of refund.
She then told me the product is supposed to help me loose inches, and burn stored fat and gain muscle (which has yet to happen):grumble:
I feel worse then I did 4 weeks ago.....CAN ANYONE HELP ME:sad: ....guide me to a good program that will rev up my metabolism and help me see some POSITIVE changes.
Thank you for your time!

Replies

• Vans
    Options
    Hello.
    so I gave in and purchased Leanology by Trivita.
    This constitutes a meal replacement shake a day and 4 pills.
    I started about 4 weeks ago, have been drinking at least 3L of water and even working out everyday for minimum 60 min, with one day off.
    I put ALLOT of effort in because I wanted the product to work and kick start the beginning to a new me.
    my starting weight was 166
    and now 4 weeks later im 172 :sad:
    I am so disappointed.
    I called the company today to get my money back because they said satisfaction guarantee....the lady on the phone proceeded to tell me I would have to pay to return anything that was left (which is only a few capsules because it is one months supply) if I wanted any kind of refund.
    She then told me the product is supposed to help me loose inches, and burn stored fat and gain muscle (which has yet to happen):grumble:
    I feel worse then I did 4 weeks ago.....CAN ANYONE HELP ME:sad: ....guide me to a good program that will rev up my metabolism and help me see some POSITIVE changes.
    Thank you for your time!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    That must be so frustrating, to say the least.

Get back to basics. Track all of your food, keep exercising daily, and make sure you're eating a balanced selection of whole foods. If you need some guidance on a clean, whole foods way to eat I HIGHLY suggest the Eat Clean Diet book and the Eat Clean Diet Cookbook. The first book is all of the information if eating this way is a big shift to your current trend, and the second has recipes galore. It's the best resource I've seen for this and I think it would really help you. Your body needs to eat real, whole, healthy foods, get lots of water and exercise and you WILL lose weight. I have some education to back this up so please trust this advice. You can do this! Just think of it this way: you spent 4 weeks committed to a program which shows you've got the tenacity you need to do this!! Allow that to make you feel confident in your ability to persevere and try a more basic approach. :flowerforyou:
  • nhoffman08
    nhoffman08 Posts: 28
    Options
    I don't know what to tell you except to keep trucking on healthy eating and exercising. I have used the Fiber Cleanse from TriVita and found it helped with weight loss. I believe using pills, shakes, etc to lose weight will most likely lead to disappointment in the long run. If you stick to the calorie suggestions on this site, eat all of your exercise calories and keep working out, you are bound to lose weight and inches. Weight loss should be a lifestyle change, not a quick fix. I also believe you shouldn't deprive yourself of anything, that will only lead to more disappointment. If I feel like eating french fries, I eat them, I enter them in my meal and try to either exercise a little more to compensate, or sometimes just go with it. Life is too short to constantly beat yourself up, as long as you eat right most of the time and exercise, really put your heart into exercising, you are bound to lose inches, feel better and have more energy. Another thing that will speed up metabolism, is 5-6 small meals a day instead of 3 larger ones. Make sure you eat, if you don't eat, your metabolism will slow down.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Just count your calories, work out, EAT YOUR WORKOUT CALORIES, and get the right amount of sleep. It WILL come off. You have shown that you can put your effort into something so put it into this! You can do it! There are so many people here who have done it just this way and we're all here to support each other. You don't need to buy expensive gimmicks to lose. Simple, slow, and steady...that's the best way...and it helps you learn a new lifestyle, too! Not just eating meal replacement shakes...can't do that for the rest of your life, can you? We're all here to support you whenever you need it! :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    There is no "magic pill" to take--the key is tracking, planning, exercising. And along the way, learning to change your lifestyle to eat healthy.
  • Vans
    Options
    Thank you for all the support everyone....It is true...ya cant live with meal replacements for the rest of my life...I have the Eat clean book, maybe I should get the cookbook.
    I also have a hard time going to bed at a decent hour and I know this is a problem.....but again THANK you for the support. I don't: feel so oblivious now!! :smile: