30 day shred. Sept 30. You in?

Options

Replies

• init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i just joined mfp a few minutes ago and want to join in, but i don't know what the 30 day shred is.

Its an exercise program by Jillian Michaels. There's 3 levels, and you do them for 10 days each. She recommends a few rest days in it, but most people do it straight.
  • nettanortje
    nettanortje Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Where do I get more info?
  • thekeelster
    thekeelster Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 day 1 today and thought it so hard! I exercise 3-4 times a week, but doing something different, and particularly with weights was definitely harder than I expected! Looking forward to getting back on it!
  • newnosipho
    newnosipho Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Day 7 level 1 completed! I'm still doing the modified version of everything but my endurance has definately improved. I gained weight after the first few days but I'm now back to the weight I was when I started:smile: I twisted my ankle whilst shopping, and it's a bit sore. I might have to take a few days off if I still can't put weight on it tomorrow
  • getntrim12
    getntrim12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've tried 30dS before but never completed it. My plans are for October: 30ds, November: Rin30 and fit in the 6w6p in between to get me ready for my vacay in December! Lets shred ladies!!!!???? Feel free to add me!
  • lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am in
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been running and slacking on weight training. I know I need it.
  • Hwork84
    Options
    I'm in! I just joined MFP on Thursday, and the next day I went out and bought the 30DS after seeing result pictures on here. I bought 3lb weights because I didn't want to set myself up for failure. I actually am on day 2 but I will still join in, and consider my 3 extra days as "warm up". I took horrible before pics...so hopefully my after pics are kinder to me!
    I took pictures before as well, they are so eye opening as I look horrible. I am not sure I will have the guts to post them here though.

I finished level 1 yesterday and I am taking a day or two break. My knees are really sore and the right side of where my C Section was feels like the muscle is ripping when I move. I watched a video of somebody doing level 2 last night and it scared me, it looked so hard. I will probably have to do a lot of modified exercises to start.

My thighs are killing me! I walk like an old lady :) But that's good, it means I'm pushing myself. I know what you mean about the C-section area. I have had four c-secs and it really does feel like I just had another one after every workout. I haven't dared to look at level 2 or 3 yet. I am just going to try and conquer level 1.
  • shaqkhi
    Options
    Is it 2 late to start...would love to give it a good shot... Have never tried it before...actually had to google it to see what it was... I'm currently doing c25k week 5 day 3 would love to add another something to my plan...my calories intake is 1200 but I'm usually under but the weight just ain't going how I want to 2 but I'm not giving it... " something gotta give: :mad:
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get in on this too! Was just about to start 30DS again tonight, so this will be perfect! I have gotten through Weeks 1 and 2 in the past, but 3 killed my shoulders and dissuaded me. Will have to modify so I can stick with it this time. Can't wait!
  • celesalk
    Options
    I'm in! Have tried to do this a few times now, but I've always slacked after day... 3... =/ Need motivation desperately!!!!
  • Wanderer1224
    Wanderer1224 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Dont worry girl am the same way but with the support we can do it ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am so ready and this time am going to stick to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm in! Have tried to do this a few times now, but I've always slacked after day... 3... =/ Need motivation desperately!!!!
  • shaqkhi
    Options
    So I'm starting today how does it go...we go straight or there are intervals in between. Any one knowes?
  • Wanderer1224
    Wanderer1224 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    How can you log in the 30 day shred on MFP?????
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm in :-D

Have started the 30DS twice before but never finished it. The first time came down with a really nasty bug & was pretty much in bed for a month & the second time I got 2 weeks in & then basically just stopped doing it for no other reason than I was very busy at work and didn't make the effort to ensure I made time to do it (poor excuse)

Third time lucky this time! Determined to finish it & nice to be doing it as a group :) Plan to do first session tonight as soon as I get home from work & before I do anything else :-D
  • JenFit77
    JenFit77 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Count me in! :)
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    How can you log in the 30 day shred on MFP?????

I created a custom log for this dvd in the "my exercise" section last time i did the 30DS. There is a UK website called food focus I used to use that has it entered in their database already so I just copied their info for it onto here. They estimate a burn of 206 cals per 60mins of 30DS DVD but that is calculated on my weight of 7st 3lbs and depending on your weight, the burn that they calculate changes.

Obviously it is only a guideline so I'm sure its not entirely accurate but I use that figure to log it. If anything I think its quite a low estimate assuming you are really putting in effort but better to underestimate than over.
  • srsly
    srsly Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I wanna join! I've done the program for about a week in the past and got side-tracked (story of my life). I'm looking to lose 40lbs by next October (wedding).

Good luck everyone! I weighed myself this morning. No measurements though. Need to get a soft tape measure.
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    So I'm starting today how does it go...we go straight or there are intervals in between. Any one knowes?

I guess it is supposed to be 2 days on one day cardio, 2 days on one day cardio, then one rest day. I did it 6 days a week though. But now my knees are so bad I will have to take a longer break. I would go by your body. The first 2 days were the worst. My legs were killing me, but in a good way. After the first 4 days my muscles weren't sore anymore.