What are you reading?

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Just finished "Of Mice and Men". Terribly disappointing...

Will be starting "Memoirs of a Geisha" soon.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
  • Onederchic
    Onederchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    "Emma" by Jane Austen
    "The Husband's Secret" by Liane Moriarty
  • Italia2229
    Italia2229 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.

I just finished the book called The Innocent but can't remember who the author was. A really good book.
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Rereading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.

Ohhhh! ! ! You remind me of my school days When I had read it for the first time...................ages ago naturally.:wink:
    Just started " The Lowland " by Jhumpa Lahiri.
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Still Inferno from Dan Brown

I was disappointed in the book. I thought it would be a lot better than it actually was.

I'm currently reading The Devil's Punchbowl by Greg Iles.
    Great plot, I would recommend it [and all of Iles' other books] if you're a Dan Brown fan.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.

Ooh, I just picked that one up for a quarter! I'm interested to see if I'm going to enjoy it...
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Doctor Sleep by Stephen King :)

How is this? He lost me with It, but got me back with 11/22/63. I've also read Under the Dome, which I loved, until the sell out ending. I need a book I can love.
    YES, how was it? Inquiring minds want to know. :laugh: I have it on my Amazon wish list, but I am having a hard time parting with $17 for an ebook when there so many decent ones for a fraction of that.
  • xoxolindseym
    Options
    Pet Sematary by Stephen King for the 3rd time. It's my favorite. :smile:
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    read lone survivor good book
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Re-reading Ender's Game for the upcoming movie release.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Re-reading Maus by Art Spiegelman, Watchman by Alan Moore, and reading 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami for the first time.
  • _errata_
    Options
    Re-reading Maus by Art Spiegelman, Watchman by Alan Moore, and reading 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami for the first time.

I loved Watchman. I need to read more graphic novels, I have been meaning to pick up the entire Walking Dead series for a while now.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options

I loved Watchman. I need to read more graphic novels, I have been meaning to pick up the entire Walking Dead series for a while now.

Alan Moore is a fantastic writer; everything I've ever read has been a hit for me. I love him. Walking Dead is pretty good-- especially by the time you hit the fourth trade. You should pick up Frank Miller's Daredevil run, The Dark Knight Returns(not it's sequel though! Trust me, I'm saving your brain), and Year One. And Sandman by Neil Gaiman. Saga has been pretty awesome so far also and if you want humor and craziness, you've gotta pick up The Goon.

...Totally didn't mean to pile on required reading for you :flowerforyou:
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I received "Doctor Sleep", Stephen King's sequel to "The Shining" for my birthday. I am about to start it and am looking forward to reading this.
  • DudeistPriest
    DudeistPriest Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Screw the Roses, Send Me the Thorns.

What's that about?

I haven't started The Secret History yet, but I know it's about a group of college history students who form a secret society lead by a professor and then from there it gets all deep and dangerous according to the back of the book and the friend who suggested it.

Haven't taken it out the bag yet. A lady at the gym gave it to me, let you know when I start reading.

It's a pretty good look into, introduction to and how to begin guide to BDSM. Widely acclaimed among practioners there of.

I've got 3 books going currently. Ahabs wife-Sena Jeter Naslund; The Rules Of Dreaming-Bruce Hartman; and Fifty Shades Of Grey-E L James
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    White Apache's Woman by Shirl Henke.

I'm very intellectual.
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the biology textbook for my Biology 172 class. Someone save me :sad:
  • _errata_
    Options

Alan Moore is a fantastic writer; everything I've ever read has been a hit for me. I love him. Walking Dead is pretty good-- especially by the time you hit the fourth trade. You should pick up Frank Miller's Daredevil run, The Dark Knight Returns(not it's sequel though! Trust me, I'm saving your brain), and Year One. And Sandman by Neil Gaiman. Saga has been pretty awesome so far also and if you want humor and craziness, you've gotta pick up The Goon.

...Totally didn't mean to pile on required reading for you :flowerforyou:

No worries. :)

Neil Gaiman is a favorite of mine. I will have to check out the others. :love:
  • MsKLarkin
    MsKLarkin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Human Sexuality, 3rd Ed
    Research Methods

Currently in school.... :-/