Replies

• Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Shade the Changing Man-Vertigo Comics
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Re-reading Maus by Art Spiegelman, Watchman by Alan Moore, and reading 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami for the first time.
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    travel guide Vietnam :)
  • debralekicsummers
    Options
    Human race get off your knees, the lion sleeps no more by David Icke
  • David1406
    Options
    The Bob Skinner series by Scottish writer Quentin Jardine. Brilliant police procedurals/crime thrillers.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Convict Conditioning by Paul Wade.
    It caught my eye.
  • redyfox
    Options
    The Silmarillion by J.R.R Tolkien. :)
    Just finished My Uncle Oswald by Roald Dahl!

i just read my uncle oswald recently, cracked me up!

how is The Silmarillion?
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Screw the Roses, Send Me the Thorns.

What's that about?

I haven't started The Secret History yet, but I know it's about a group of college history students who form a secret society lead by a professor and then from there it gets all deep and dangerous according to the back of the book and the friend who suggested it.

Haven't taken it out the bag yet. A lady at the gym gave it to me, let you know when I start reading.

It's a pretty good look into, introduction to and how to begin guide to BDSM. Widely acclaimed among practioners there of.

I've got 3 books going currently. Ahabs wife-Sena Jeter Naslund; The Rules Of Dreaming-Bruce Hartman; and Fifty Shades Of Grey-E L James

Fun. I refuse to go anywhere 50 Shades, I just can't do it. I'm sure I've written better erotica. But you might be entertained by The Beauty Trilogy by Anne Rice. It's more fanciful than realistic but it's got some fun BDSM scenes and is a very fun world to get lost in. The Story of O is also on that list but it's not nearly as good as people make it out to be.
  • redyfox
    Options
    The Case of the Missing Servant: From the Files of Vish Puri, Most Private Investigator by Tarquin Hall

and

The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I am reading '50th Law' by 50 cent and Robert green

and a book called the 'Chimp Paradox' about mind management.
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Just finished "Of Mice and Men". Terribly disappointing...

Will be starting "Memoirs of a Geisha" soon.

I've read Memoirs twice and seen the movie and insane number of times. It's a fun cross between a fairy tale and the life of a geisha. It's not entirely realistic but it's a fun read. Although, at times, Chiyo can be kind of annoying, or more like, at 16 I loved her but at 27 I saw some major flaws in her thinking and actions.

I hope you like it.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Well I finished 'Keep running the highs&low of a marathon addict' over the weekend and found it very good.

I'm now reading a booked called 'F**k it', spiritual in a sense of the release you feel when you say it to yourself not spiritual in the ghosts and soul stuff.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    The Shining- Stephen King
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    The Foundation Trilogy by Isaac Asimov.
  • ThatOperaGirl
    ThatOperaGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just finished "The Wild Girl" by Kate Forsyth today. Am now moving onto finishing "The Secret Keeper" by Kate Morton, which I did start reading earlier this year, but put down and haven't picked up again since I got my Kindle (so much easier to slip into my bag than carting my beautiful big fat hardbacks around!)

After that, I'm tossing up between "The White Queen" by Philippa Gregory, which a friend gave me, or possibly Émile Zola's "Nana", the synopsis of which intrigues me, or DH Lawrence's "Lady Chatterley's Lover", which a different friend recently told me I just *have* to read :wink:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    DH Lawrence's "Lady Chatterley's Lover", which a different friend recently told me I just *have* to read :wink:
    I found it pretty tame, honestly. He doesn't go into a lot of detail in the sex scenes. A little bit, but nothing like I expected considering its reputation.

It's a good read, though not one of my favorites.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get through "Before I Met You" by Lisa Jewell. It's not bad, but I LOVED her early works and her last few are a little disappointing. I think she lost her edge, but her stuff is still worth a read IMO.

I also just read a couple of books on being childfree by choice. "Baby Boon" and "Baby Not on Board". The former stunk, but the latter was really funny.
  • RashedaT
    Options
    Greenwood and Archer...the sequel to Son of a Preacher Man by Marlene Banks.
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of reading "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Philipa Gregory. I just picked it up one day because I was bored and found out that I love it. Halfway through right now and I don't want to put it down. Curses to work & family life, keeping me away from my story. LOL
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Reading: Track of the Cat by Nevada Barr

Listening (long commute, audio books a must): The Dead and The Gone by Susan Pfeffer, Last Survivors series, book #2

Up next:

Reading: All the Blue Eyed Angels by Jen Blood

Listening: This World We Live In (book 3 Last Survivors)