bump
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I love tuna/avocado/chickpeas together served over a bed of romaine & veggies with dressing. Renée's cucumber dill yogurt dressing is a current fave.

Praise the tuna! :happy:
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Love me some tuna!! Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • Tophermak
    Tophermak Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Awesome post with some great food ideas. . . Thanks OP!!
  • connieleavens
    connieleavens Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump - great ideas, thank you for posting
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KMMRN
    KMMRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • helki3
    helki3 Posts: 10
    Options
    Saving this for later :D
  • yask989
    Options
    Quick tuna recipe for you all on the go: put tuna in one time use cup, dice some onion, and add into cup...one tablespoon of mayo in there if you'd like..mix with plastic spoon.. and you have an instant meal. I like that its quick, no mess, and there are no smelly dishes either.

Give it a try! Also feel free to add me! I'd like to hear and see you all working towards your goals! Best of luck with them!
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Top Ramen and Tuna

don't forget the hyphy mud
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Wow, a shed out of tuna cans... now that I'd LOVE to see.... just build it with the cans intact, well empty of course... like a wall of beer cans ppl in their 20's (teens ..lol) used to build. We'll all be waiting for that photo:laugh:
    Bump! I could have built a tin shed with all the damn Tuna tins i go thu ;)

Thanks.

I'll have to read this all tomorrow when time permits....
    Mmm... love me some Trader Joe's no sodium White Albacore tuna!:love: I love it plain with Earth Balance Mayo (fantastic BTW!!) on Ezekiel bread! ... I need to get back to getting more adventurous like some of the ideas I've scanned on a few of the other posts!

Tuna for lunch today it IS then!:tongue: Gotta say I hadn't known that Vinegar lowers carbs (hope I'm quoting that right from the post I read) and looking forward to tossing in some chickpeas... that sounds good. Lots of great new ideas to try!:happy: I'm not familiar with a 'glub' though...

OHhhhhhhhhh... OK then... I appreciate the OP pasting the tuna ideas from the mens mag website... they look yummy to try! I too appreciate original sources.. so thanks to the person posting the original source!.... I only just noticed your post now...

Source: http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/healthy-recipes/17-ways-with-tinned-tuna

Your 30g daily protein hit Doe's’t have to be boring. here are 17 potent ways to make tinned tuna taste better in five minutes, adding a payload of nutrients in the process.

1). Tuna for two

Energy to share
    Low-GI carbs in the oatcakes mean the protein’s soaked up slowly, keeping you fuel led for longer.

Tuna
    Oatcakes
    Jarred antipasti vegetables
    Goat’s cheese

The slow-releasing carbs in the oatcakes make this a perfect pre-workout or mid-afternoon snack for two. Layer up 3 oatcakes each with slices of grilled veg, a spoonful of tuna and a crumbling of cheese. Bite-sized gourmet finger food to share, no chopping or cooking required.
    Rainbow wrap

2). Instant immunity kick
    Pepper and cress combine to make the most powerful antioxidant pairings, according to Nutritional Science.

Wholewheat tortilla
    Tuna
    Sweetcorn
    Red pepper
    Watercress

Wrap at the ready. Load with tuna, sweetcorn, sliced peppers and a handful of cress. Your red pepper gives a hit of vitamin C and the watercress is bursting with free-radical-fighting antioxidants and a decent dose of chlorophyll to aid your digestive system. Roll up and eat on the move.
    Pickled salad

3).Prolong your performance
    Nitrates in beetroot for endurance and stamina.

Tuna
    Beetroot
    Gherkins
    Apple
    White wine vinegar

Grab a chopping board and chop the apple, beetroot and dill pickles. Combine in a bowl with tuna and a decent glug of vinegar – leave for a couple minutes while the juices mix. Beetroot is packed with nitrates which will boost stamina and endurance to enhance your physical performance.
    Breakfast bagel

4).Curb hunger til lunch
    Bromelain in pineapple was found by the Langone Medical Centre to be the most effective natural appetite suppressant.

Tuna
    Bagel
    Tinned pineapple ring
    Natural yoghurt

Toast your bagel. When it’s done, pile it up with the pineapple ring, drained tuna and a few dollops of yogurt. This provides fast acting fuel to kick off your day. Plus the probiotic bacteria in the yoghurt and the protein-digesting enzymes in the fruit mean the sugars will be absorbed slowly, so you won’t be hungry come 11am.
    Tuna avocado

5).Double the muscle
    Pair tuna’s protein with monounsaturated fats in avocado for a potent muscle-building combination.

Tuna
    Avocado
    Cayenne pepper

Halve your avocado and remove the stone. Top each half with drained tuna and sprinkle with cayenne pepper. The fats in avocado are absorbed immediately by muscle tissue, while the capsaicin in pepper means the tuna’s protein is sucked up too. It’ll keep you going 'til dinner.
    Low-carb sushi

6). Get strong and grow lean
    Seaweed improves blood’s oxygen content.

Tuna
    Seaweed sheets
    Cucumber
    Wasabi pasta

Lay out the seaweed, pack on the tuna, slice on the cucumber with some mayo and roll tightly. Cut into bite-sized pieces and top with wasabi. Seaweed gives the most iron pound for pound in nature, while the thermogenic reaction caused by the wasabi means everything’s easily absorbed by the body. Simple Japanese.
    Tuna on toast

7). Simple and effective energy
    Carbs deliver energy while vinegar helps to slow the blood-sugar spike.

Tuna
    Wholemeal bread
    Balsamic vinegar

While your bread toasts, mix up the drained tuna with a few glugs of vinegar for a tasty zero-fat alternative to mayo. Pile with the mixture and chomp. A fast, no fuss meal in minutes with a decent dose of fibre and protein to stave off hunger till your next meal.
    Mediterranean couscous

8). Age-defying lunch
    Olives and olive oil are the best combination for skin health, according to Kobe University research.

Tuna
    Flavoured couscous
    Olives
    Mozzarella

Tip the couscous into a bowl with boiling water and cover. Toss together tuna, olives and some torn mozzarella – an ounce of the white stuff equates to 20% of your daily calcium needs. When you’re done tearing, mix the lot together with a fork.
    Hoisin tuna

9). Pre-night out snack
    Suck away water and reveal more muscle.

Tuna
    Spring onion
    Cucumber
    Hoisin sauce

Break up the cucumber and mix everything in a bowl. Hoison’s salt content means that it sucks excess water from your system, revealing your abs and improving muscle definition. Just go easy on the onion if you’re heading out.
    Instant Thai curry

10). Muscle repair in a can
    Healthy fats in coconut milk combine with vegetables that repair muscle fibres.

Tuna
    Tinned mixed veg
    Thai green curry paste
    Low fat coconut milk, ½ can

Fry off a big spoon of curry paste in a saucepan then mix in the coconut milk. Drain the veg, then pour everything in. Coconut milk is packed with 12 vitamins, along with a decent dose of calcium and magnesium.
    Tuna tacos

11). Eat up and chill out
    Tryptophan in the beans aids sleep and eases anxiety.

Tuna
    Taco shells
    Guacamole
    Re-fried beans

While your taco shells are warming, combine the tuna and beans – double protein hit plus a healthy dose of fibre. Shells at the ready, scoop in mixture and top with guacamole. This Friday night feast couldn't be simpler and gives a winning combo of carbs, protein and good fats.
    Satay tuna wrap

12). Eat your way to a healthy heart
    Unsaturated fats in peanut butter are proven to promote heart health.

Tuna
    Crunchy peanut butter
    Soy sauce
    Lime juice
    Cos lettuce

Grab a bowl, spoon in a generous helping of peanut butter with a glug of soy sauce and a squeeze of lime juice – whisk with a fork. Add your drained tuna, combine, then top onto your individual leaf shells. The poly and monounsaturated fats in peanut butter ward off your risk of heart disease.
    Instant pasta

13). Boost your brain power
    Omega 3 fatty acids in fish boost brain health.

Tuna
    100g wholemeal pasta
    Anchovy fillets (tinned)
    Capers
    Spring onion

Stick your pasta on to boil - you’ve got 10mins. While it cooks roughly chop the spring onions and anchovies into your bowl, add tuna and a handful of capers, almost there. Pasta’s ready, drain and mix into the bowl. A glug of olive oil and some seasoning and you’re ready to eat. 10 minutes for an instant weeknight win.
    Tuna pitta

14). Skip the ice bath
    Make a quicker post-workout recovery with the anti-inflammatories in spinach.

Tuna
    Pitta
    Harissa
    Spinach

Put your pitta in the toaster. Mix the drained tuna with a big spoonful of harissa – your secret weapon. Slice the heated pitta and stuff with tuna and a handful of spinach. This lunch is laughably quick; you’ll never go back to limp shop-bought sandwiches.
    Hot Mexican quesadilla

15). Immediate energy

Tuna
    Tortilla
    Salsa
    Grated cheese
    Jalapenos

Whack a frying pan onto the hob. While it heats, cover half your tortilla with drained tuna, then top with salsa, jalapenos and cheese. Fold in half and stick it in the pan, wait for cheese to melt, turn over and lightly toast the other side. You’ll have a Mexican feast in moments.
    Summer rice salad

16). Slumber boost
    The rice and tuna provide 150% of your RDA of sleep-enhancing amino acid tryptophan.

Tuna
    Microwave rice
    Pine nuts, handful
    Spinach
    Lemon juice

Stick the rice in the microwave. In a bowl, mix together the tuna, pine nuts, spinach and a good squeeze on lemon juice. When the rice is ready, mix it all together. We guarantee you a good night’s sleep.
    Hero’s breakfast

17). Muscle in the morning
    Tuna and two eggs delivers 60g protein – that's 75% of your RDA of protein before the clock strikes 9am.

Tuna
    2 eggs
    Spinach
    Red pepper

Whisk your eggs in a bowl while the frying pan heats a splash of olive oil. Add the tuna, spinach and chopped pepper to your whisked eggs, then pour mixture into the pan. Flip or fold until the egg is cooked throughout. This breakfast will get you through those big days at work.

Enjoy!!

Source: http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/healthy-recipes/17-ways-with-tinned-tuna

=======================================
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Please stop thanking the poster for these delicious ideas.

The correct way to post would have been:

Hey, guys, look at all these great ideas I found on Men's Health!

They sure have some awesome articles!

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/healthy-recipes/17-ways-with-tinned-tuna

Copy and paste hero. Unless you are the original author, which I would be happy to see acknowledged.

LOL... :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    10 and 17 look great
  • Spartan_1_1_7
    Spartan_1_1_7 Posts: 132 Member
    Options