Negative comments about weight loss

Options
Stupid OCD wont let me quit thinking about a comment that was made about me in a negative sense now that ive lost weight and am working towards better body comp. Any thoughts on how to STOP my brain from obsessing?

Replies

• sourgrape_
    Options
    I can't tell dor sure because I don't know what you've been told bit I guess the person is just jealous about your choice and success to change your lifestyle.
  • JamieH1984
    JamieH1984 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I take the negative energy and use it to fuel my progress. Not knowing what was said I'm going to said F them and move on. It's not worth it to obssess over someone elses jealousy.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Try a mirror. Obsess about the improvements you are seeing there. If this was a stranger, let it go as just an insecure hater. If it was a friend, put them in their place, or put them out.
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    best quote i know to deal with people in all their colourful glory (meaning the weirdos), is this...

'people aren't against you, they're simply 'for' themselves'

Which is basically, the comment which was made was because it helped that person in some way, maybe so they could feel superior, or maybe they feel they cant do the same as you, so have to say something derogatory to try and bring you down (and try and raise themselves up).

People eh! <i'm rolling eyes> things are fine until...people!
    xx
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i had a cousin who lost a lot of weight and she got the comment she looked sick and it bothered her so much she put 20 pounds back on and has maintained it. My point is she didn't lose sick we were just used to seeing her overweight and didn't want to see her that small. Screw that let them adjust to the new you and if they can't then too bad for them everytime someone tells you you've lost too much or you look sick tell when you were overwheight you were unhealthy but now you're healthy and get used to it