Anyone else who has been overweight since they were kids???

Options
124»

Replies

• Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I was okay till i hit 14 =( puberty sux lol
  • lunaphilia
    lunaphilia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    me!!! ): forever obese since young, except for when i was around 10 years old? At that year I was actually happy that i'm only overweight and not obese...
  • kadavula80
    Options
    Just got in a couple of days back. I weigh 120 kg and need to desperately cut down on the kilos. Don't mind if you all out there talk about cheeseburgers, that's how I got here in the first place. Have been over-weight all my life. Need some friends to motivate me. Thanks.
  • PudgycatDoll
    Options
    Yep, I'm apart of the obese from childhood bunch. Everyone wants to fit in a bikini or reveal their abs and I'm just hoping to not have a gut or backfat. :(
  • QuirkyD
    QuirkyD Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    yes, since age 9. Thanks for bringing this topic up. I believe we have certain challenges due to years of negative self image.
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I was already a bit chubby in kindergarden but still normal weight I guess but after the early death of my dad, things just got out of hand. My mum did her best to give me healthy foods but I spend my pocket money on sweets and ate in secret. Also, my sister was always at the lowest end of the weight range so my mum had to balance encouraging my sis to eat more and trying to get me to eat less. I kept gaining weight through primary and secondary school but was so unhappy at age 15 that I did an extreme diet and went to a perfectly healthy weight. I kept that for 2-3 years but gained everything and a bit more during my uni years. And then some during my training. Time for a change now. Now that I can afford nice clothing I really want to buy it.
  • Wyldfyr38
    Options
    I started to get bigger while in public school. Before then I was the tiniest thing lol I got put onto new medication back then and I started to gain weight. Over the years it would fluctuate but once I started having kids is when I started to gain even more weight.
    Now my Hubby has lost almost all of his weight and close to his goal. Now it's my turn to make some changes.
  • horselo285
    horselo285 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been overweight since I was little. I developed binge eating disorder around maybe 4 years old (until then I was skinny). I have no idea what made me have these issues but around 4, I started stealing food and binging on it in secret. I have very vivid recollections of it. This was a huge issue for me all through childhood and adolescents. By age 11, I weighed 200 lbs. It was not until the end of high school that I was able to get the food stealing under control (only from people in my house- i never stole from anywhere else. Not that this makes it ok. lol My brother and sister used to get super angry when part of their easter baskets or halloween candy would disappear. :( I still cant believe how little control I had over it).

Binging had continued into adulthood though, and even though my main meals (and the way I feed my two little boys) are very healthy, my binging led to me reaching an all time high of 503 lbs in August. Since then, I have come to terms with some of my eating issues and am working quite hard to lose weight. I am exercising daily and generally sticking to an 1800 calorie diet. I am currently down 30 lbs. :) I just need to keep it up...which I plan to!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I was normal weight until about 12-13 or so... then I started packing on the pounds :sad: