first day.. can't believe how much crap we eat!

Options
laurs
laurs Posts: 37 Member
hello all!

heard about this from a friend at the gym... started today. just had lunch and i'm already over my limit, and it's not like I went and ate McDonald's! Crazy how many hidden calories are in some foods. I'll be playing sports tonight though so maybe that helps. haha

any testimonials to share out there? would love to hear your story and be inspired!

Cheers!

Replies

• laurs
    laurs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    hello all!

heard about this from a friend at the gym... started today. just had lunch and i'm already over my limit, and it's not like I went and ate McDonald's! Crazy how many hidden calories are in some foods. I'll be playing sports tonight though so maybe that helps. haha

any testimonials to share out there? would love to hear your story and be inspired!

Cheers!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! good for you for joining! This place is a GREAT tool.

I joined a month ago and have lost 17lbs in that time. At the start a big portion of the loss is water weight but I had a plateau a couple of weeks ago so I'm confident that the last 7 of those lbs is the real deal.

It's VERY enlightening to see what you're putting in your body and that on its own is HUGE!

Welcome :happy: :happy:
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options

I joined a month ago and have lost 17lbs in that time. At the start a big portion of the loss is water weight but I had a plateau a couple of weeks ago so I'm confident that the last 7 of those lbs is the real deal.

It's VERY enlightening to see what you're putting in your body and that on its own is HUGE!

17 pounds in one month!!? How in the world, secret please, secret please! If it is water weight that people lose the most of, then if we drink 8 glasses of water a day, wouldn't that pack on pounds? :drinker:
  • AbbyIsWangsterful
    AbbyIsWangsterful Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    (: Welcome to MFP! It's an awesome website! Oh my gosh, it's crazy; you're so right! I ate a rack of BBQ ribs on day and that was 2000+ calories! :D
    I guess we just have to get used to it and eat better and smaller portions. (: What did you eat anyway? lol
    :flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

17 pounds in one month!!? How in the world, secret please, secret please! If it is water weight that people lose the most of, then if we drink 8 glasses of water a day, wouldn't that pack on pounds? :drinker:

lol... well, the first few quick pounds we lose is water weight. Most people get too much sodium and even a little extra can cause you to retain water. Drinking a lot of water is essential (see this recent thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/19784-why-should-we-drink-water).

As for a "secret", honestly I'm just working my butt off. I've lost over 3" on my waist and 3" on my hips and my weight loss seems to have slowed down to a healthy pace. I work out at least 1 hour a day doing cardio and I also weight train most days (all at home or outdoors). I stick within my calories 100% (although today will be tough - I have 1600 cals yet to eat due to 1250 cals of exercise today!) and I eat very very nourishing foods. All organic, whole foods, nothing processed, almost no refined sugar... and lots of water. Right now I'm basically being an A+ student with all I should be doing and it's paying off. I have even lost my serious sweet tooth!