Need advice on beating stress and eating well!

Options
Soo... my wedding is less than two months away, and the wedding stress is getting to me . I haven't found time to exercise for 11 days now (who am I kidding- I just try to skip it , and eat chocolate ice cream instead! HMPH).
Could you guys help me figure out really quick healthy foods to eat ? (I cook everyday - Im vegetarian, and it takes me a while to even cut up vegetables and stir fry them - anything quicker will be awesome! ) , and ideas to motivate me! I am still 24 lbs away from my ideal "wedding" weight. That seems like a lot to lose in such a short amt of time, but I will take any weight closer to my goal. I mainly need to get flat (at least flatter) abs , and lose my love handles, I don't care as much about the weight factor. I just want to get a good waist that I haven;t had in such a looong time now :(
Hoping to hear from all you awesome people out here!!!!! The only thing that keeps me from diving into a second bowl of chocolate ice cream is you guys !!! I need to login to MFP more often in a day!

Replies

• lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Wedding stress... tough one. And the stress of losing weight before the wedding. You do have stress there.
    I hate to say it but exercise is a great stress-buster.
    I'm really good at making excuses for not exercising, but I do better if it's something I enjoy. I dislike weight lifting (boring!!) but I like riding a bike in the great outdoors. I get so bored on the treadmill but I love a good hike in the great outdoors. The point is, you don't have to sweat in a gym to get exercise -- find something you really enjoy that is active, and make time for it. Even a 10-minute walk around the block is better than nothing, and if you're crunched for time, then do one 10-minute walk and then squeeze another 10-minute walk later.
    I know I feel better after exercise and I try to keep it simple, like not having to go put on "workout gear" and then drive somewhere. I do best when I can simply slip on a pair of tennies and grab my bike and ride a bit.
    I share your exercise struggle and I'm right now trying to figure out tricks that will help me get my lazy butt out more often. Hope this helps you!
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Agree on using exercise to deal with stress.

You can't "spot reduce" - but you can tone up - so start doing abdominals, obliques, and squats for the belly and butt/love handles.

Lay off the high fat, high sugar, high salt...will just make it worse.

Buy a yoga DVD....

Do long stretch sessions....

Take "breathing breaks" during the day - two or three of these - deep breath, hold a bit, exhale slowly...

Good luck!