What are you reading?

Options

Replies

• bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews, #6 in the Kate Daniels series. its my third time reading it since it came out.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I just finished The Demon Plague. That was great! Now I'm starting a book called Ever Shade. It says on top of the cover that it's a dark faerie tale.

I'm slowly making my way through my Kindle!

Also on my list is the first book in the Game of Thrones series, but I'm having a devil of a time getting into the story for some reason.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Just reread Fried Green Tomatoes and about to sink my teeth into Neil Gaiman's Ocean at the End of the Lane.

Also starting The adventures of Old Mr. Toad with my boys, and the chronicles of Narnia.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    This thread
  • TheLoneMarmot
    TheLoneMarmot Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Haruki Murakami: "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running".
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Screw the Roses, Send Me the Thorns.

What's that about?

I haven't started The Secret History yet, but I know it's about a group of college history students who form a secret society lead by a professor and then from there it gets all deep and dangerous according to the back of the book and the friend who suggested it.

Haven't taken it out the bag yet. A lady at the gym gave it to me, let you know when I start reading.

I would say BDSM.
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Angels in the ER
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I just began reading "The New Rules of Lifting for Women". I am really enjoying this book. It is chocked full of very interesting information, as well as pages and pages of yummy recipes.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Just finished re-reading "The Bourne Identity" (Ludlum) and I'm reading "The Angel's Game" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I usually have a couple of books going simultaneously ...
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Currently reading:
    Light (last book in the Gone Series) by Michael Grant
    Joyland -Stephen King
    Atlantis Awakening (Warriors of Poseidon, #2) - Alyssa Day
    Even White Trash Zombies Get The Blues - Diana Rowland
    Let's Pretend This Never Happened - (A Mostly True Memoir) - Jenny Lawson (for the 5th time)
    Rose Madder - by Stephen King
    Mile 81 - By Stephen King
    Throttle - By Joe Hill.

I have a serious reading problem and NEVER read only one book at a time.
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Angels in the ER

I have and read that book...great reading.
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Outlander

Just started the series. . .
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering what you groovies are reading. I'm finishing up A Game of Thrones and I'm about to start a new book called The Secret History. I just need it to be the weekend so I can have time to read.

Donna Tartt? Never read her, how are you finding it? They did a TV adaptation of one of her books in the UK, Tipping the Velvet, which was really good. But I never read the book. Secret History is a BIG book!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Options
    Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett

I love Neil Gaiman and I love Terry Pratchett, but I didn't enjoy this book as much as each of them writing alone. But it was fun.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Options
    Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett

Oh i love that book did you read american gods?

I did - and Ananasi Boys - I've read all Gaiman's novels and just read The Ocean At The End Of The Lane, his newest - which was short alongside his others, so felt like a canapé when you're ready for Sunday Roast - I wish he'd write another!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Options
    Great Expectations. I'm on a classics kick.

I LOVE ****ens - my favourite ****ens was always The Pickwick Papers, which is ace if you can time it so you hit the Christmas bit at Christmas! I started it in October last year and got there by Christmas Eve, then read A Christmas Carol before going back to finish.

I read Great Expectations at school which ruined it. I re-read it recently and it really is brilliant, definitely his best!
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Fun. I refuse to go anywhere 50 Shades, I just can't do it. I'm sure I've written better erotica. But you might be entertained by The Beauty Trilogy by Anne Rice. It's more fanciful than realistic but it's got some fun BDSM scenes and is a very fun world to get lost in. The Story of O is also on that list but it's not nearly as good as people make it out to be.
    [/quote]

^^THIS^^
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Have recently just read (within the last week):

Tess Gerritsen's "Last to Die"
    James Patterson's "Kill Me If You Can"

Now trying to decide between starting Victor Hugo's "Les Miserables" or James Patterson's "The Murder of King Tut".
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Have recently just read (within the last week):

Tess Gerritsen's "Last to Die"
    James Patterson's "Kill Me If You Can"

Now trying to decide between starting Victor Hugo's "Les Miserables" or James Patterson's "The Murder of King Tut".
    Les Miserables is in my top 5 all-time favorite books. I LOVED it. Of course, you'll want to kill yourself by the time you finish, but in that good way.