115 pounds lost, self-respect gained.

Options

Replies

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Wow and congratulations on your amazing success. Thank you for sharing your inspiring journey with us! :flowerforyou:
  • kell2116
    kell2116 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Nice work, Tom! Thanks for sharing :-))
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    amazing :happy:
  • honeybunny32
    honeybunny32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! YOU ROCK!
  • JustJennie13
    Options
    Congrats!!! Blessed Be <3
  • agrace46492
    Options
    First of all, CONGRATS!! WOOT!!

Second..
    THANK YOU for sharing your story! I needed to read that. I've been struggling for years with my own weight. I have a long way still to go, but I've lost a total of 23 the last two months (not all logged here). I'd come to the same realization about how to approach this because I was emotional binge eating. I'd quit smoking years ago, quit other things before, and this was my crutch. I did basically the same thing you did, and I'm on track. It's hard at times not to be discouraged by how far there is yet to go...but I keep refocusing. Reading your story was the refocusing for this week, for me.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • littlenature
    Options
    Wow!!! Such a transformation, kudos!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • nannymarty04
    nannymarty04 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    WTG.... Good Job!!!!!:love::happy:
  • sarbahanew
    sarbahanew Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    you look great!! what an accomplishment.
  • jillll1
    jillll1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job Tom. I can just imagine how fantastic you feel. I can relate to a lot you said, especially: "Remember, what works for one person will not work for everyone". I finally feel like I will win this perplexing battle because I now know what will work for me. You found the key and unlocked the door and kept your head down and took one step at a time on your journey. You did it your way and you were right. Yay so happy for you and I thank you for sharing and letting us know what lies ahead at the celebration line. :O)
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you for sharing your inspiring success story!
  • sijcar
    sijcar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tom,

Truly inspiring.

Si
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful transformation. Congratulations to you. You are an inspiration.
  • bluesy8899
    bluesy8899 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, what an amazing transformation. Your expression in your after pic says it all. Congratulations!
  • jetinder
    jetinder Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Inspirational. You've transformed your appearance and as you said, you have gained so much more self confidence. I whole heartedly agree that what's works for one person may not for another. We are all unique.

Congratulations again. You should be really proud of yourself.
  • Hollywoodgoonette
    Options
    How long do u think it would take me to lose 40 water fasting and what do u guys think about that???
  • tuneweplay
    tuneweplay Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    VERY much appreciate your story. I have my own journey, but not as severe as what you are in. I'm going to send your testimony to my brother, who is 35, well over 300#, struggled with weight his whole life, and depressed about it.

When I lost my weight (only 40#) people started saying "You need to quit losing weight" or, "How much are you trying to lose?".....
    BUT - I also had YMCA members in classes with me who were encouraging - "Great job." "Wow" "Way to go"......NOW maintaining is the hard part for me!!

I love your attitude and your heart in this!!!! Don't listen to the "negative" or " concerned" things!! YOU know your body, and as you are telling others - diet, exercise and discipline will settle into whatever number the DARN SCALE says!

THANK YOU for sharing!! ;-)
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - AMAZING!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!