Weight is a Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey...When to Weigh Self?

Options

Replies

• ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    29aurer.jpg

My scale and I have parted ways. :drinker:

Haven't weighed in since I dropped to size 6 from 14 and gained 10 lbs :bigsmile:

My scale was unable define my true body composition :grumble:

Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Morning time, naked, after your morning poop.

...thanks for the image? :embarassed:

:tongue: But she's right!
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Fridays as soon as I wake up and pee. That is when I am at my lowest.
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    29aurer.jpg

My scale and I have parted ways. :drinker:

Haven't weighed in since I dropped to size 6 from 14 and gained 10 lbs :bigsmile:

My scale was unable define my true body composition :grumble:

Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:

Thissss
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yep, on a Friday morning so if you go and get drunk on the weekend and comfort eat your way out of a hangover like I normally do, you can still claw it back in time for the following Friday. Up there for thinking down there for dancing.

^^^ AND THIS!
  • williamparker4
    Options
    This thread made me laugh. Thanks everyone.
  • 424a57
    424a57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This, and do it everyday. Then use a service like trendweight.com to smooth out the fluctuations and see the general trend...

Never heard of this one, but thanks for posting. According to the website, "TrendWeight uses the methodology described by John Walker in his online book, The Hacker's Diet."

If you want to check out John Walker's original work, go to http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/. There is a link to Mr. Walker's Hacker's Diet Online.
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just remember when you weigh in - DON"T BLINK!

Ha, yes!
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily in the morning. I think it helps me stay accountable, but definitely does not seem to be for everyone. Personally, fluctuations don't bother me. If my weight jumps a pound or two in a day, I know that I didn't overeat by 3,500 to 7,000 calories. I actually find the fluctuations interesting to see when they occur. Plus, weighing in has been nice this first month since I can't really see results physically yet. It reminds me every day that the weight's going in a nice downward trend!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Morning, naked, after you go to the bathroom. I normally do it on Friday morning so I can correct any wrongs I did over the weekend.
  • treesloth
    treesloth Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what that title said, but do those work in wwf?

Wrestling? Wildlife?

wwf_panda_chair.png

Why not both?
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Nothing more to add- there's some great suggestions here. Just in for Dr. Who and Sherlock. I'm still holding out for the inevitable Children in Need special crossover.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I can fluctuate a few pounds just from morning to evening, plus a few extra pounds during pms, so I weigh in the mornings, but only change my ticker the second week of my cycle. That way I can see my fluctuations, notice my trends, but not yo-yo my ticker like crazy and frustrate myself.
  • blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Fact I found on the internet, your body can hold pounds of poop. In fact an healthy morbidly obese person can hold 30lbs of poop. I forget where I saw that but It will not leave my mind ever.
    I remember that it dries inside your colon and can damage it if you lack enough fiber and hydration.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You had me at wibbly wobbly, timey-wimey! And love your Sherlock ticker as well!

I agree with the others.. In the morning, nekkid, after potty. I also have my "official" weigh in on Wednesday but I do weigh myself every day too.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh in every morning. I feel it helps me monitor where I am.

Hey, by your ticker, you've obviously been quite successful, so whatever works for you :)

Personally, I want to see the big picture...the body's day-to-day weight within a pound or two is so finicky and based on so many variables, that with my personalitly, I'd go all-out neurotic on the topic.

The way you see the big picture is by smoothing out lots of data. You don't get the big picture by throwing away 86% of the data.

Yup. You can't make accurate assessments without all the information.
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Once a week in the morning naked after a poop. Yeah, that's about right but the scale is not your friend. Pay attention to your measurements.
  • JeanSoCal
    JeanSoCal Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also weigh every day. I weigh at about 6:30 a.m. without clothes. It just helps me to reflect on what changes were made the day before to reflect weight change IF there is any. :-)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I also weigh every day. I weigh at about 6:30 a.m. without clothes. It just helps me to reflect on what changes were made the day before to reflect weight change IF there is any. :-)

Body mass doesn't change overnight. Looking at the previous day tells you nothing if you record a loss. You need to look at trends over time. Of you are losing weight over time, you need to look at the previous week to month.
  • MaryLouRoyal
    MaryLouRoyal Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Love your ticker!